Dedicated Strobe for anchor line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a cheap proposition but still...

Strobes | Narked at 90

I'm kind of surprised by the picture at the bottom of that page. It says "Brittanic Expedition" and it shows one of these strobes hung off somebody's rig with a *gasp* giant "suicide clip".

I'm also surprised that the page for it has no specs given. No lumen output. No depth rating. Nothing indicating what type of bulb/emitter it has. Only that it takes 2 x C cell batteries and has a 20 hour burn time, in the faster flash mode.

I wonder how it actually compares in the real world to the LM BAF.

I'm kind of surprised by the picture at the bottom of that page. It says "Brittanic Expedition" and it shows one of these strobes hung off somebody's rig with a *gasp* giant "suicide clip".

I'm also surprised that the page for it has no specs given. No lumen output. No depth rating. Nothing indicating what type of bulb/emitter it has. Only that it takes 2 x C cell batteries and has a 20 hour burn time, in the faster flash mode.

I have one of those. It's large and the first thing I did was cut that clip off with bolt cutters and tie a boltsnap on with a piece of bungee. It's quite bright but I don't really use it (I haven't been using a strobe this year as I don't personally find them of much use)

I have one of those. It's large and the first thing I did was cut that clip off with bolt cutters and tie a boltsnap on with a piece of bungee. It's quite bright but I don't really use it (I haven't been using a strobe this year as I don't personally find them of much use)

Gotcha.

Just to be clear, the suicide clip I was talking about in the picture is not the big safety pin that comes on the strobe. I'm talking about the big snap link (I think it's called) that the strobe is clipped to, which is in turn clipped to a waist belt D-ring in that picture.

Gotcha.

Just to be clear, the suicide clip I was talking about in the picture is not the big safety pin that comes on the strobe. I'm talking about the big snap link (I think it's called) that the strobe is clipped to, which is in turn clipped to a waist belt D-ring in that picture.

Ah, didn't see that. Yeah, I found the safety-pin style clip was too fiddly so I switched to a regular boltsnap. It is a nicely made clip though.

... deleted, I imagined it all.

As you were.

Bad quality of lock screw steel:
LM.JPG

Lock screw became stained after 20 dives being desalted properly.
LM support answered: “Rinse properly”; “It is your option to change it by yourself”; and finally from owner of LM Corey: “I can see you are a whiny bitch idiot… return it and we will refund”

I’ve used a Jotron for several years in the Great Lakes diving. We clip it to the anchor line so it slips down until it hits a knot in the line so its up off the bottom. Very helpful for finding the line if we don’t run reels from the anchor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom