Dedicated Spearfishing BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a SeaQuest Balance BC (it's back-inflated, weight integrated) and use that to spearfish, though I don't spear very often. It seems to work pretty well for me.

If you find that people aren't giving the answers you want, you might want to try spearboard.com, which should be much for focused and on-topic with the info you're seeking.

Done alot here in FL. Was just asking for advice on a new BC for underwater hunting, but thanks for the advice on areas not to go.
I am in the same delima. I am going with the Dive Rite Transpac and Travel wing. I want the least bouyancy possible. Let me know if you have good numbers of hard bottom around Dunedin/Tarpon that are under 10 miles out.

Another vote for back inflate or BP/wing here.

Main reason for either is all of the extra stuff you need to carry while making sure you are still streamlined and not having issues with things that will easily get wrapped around the shock cord. And, when you don't feel like the stay puft marshmellow man it is easier to fight fish or deal w/ the shock cord that wraps around your inflator.

I am spearing 99% of the time I dive. I've enjoyed using the SP Blackhawk. My dive buddy is looking to get a DiveRite Transpac and he primarily is spearing as well.

Thanks to all the posters who say 'in my country, it is illegal'. Interesting, but a little off topic.

Firemedic, aren't you glad we don't live in Australia, UAE, France or Brazil? (just kidding!) The Stiletto is a good recomendation. I like to recommend Zeagle because they are a Florida company, and they make a really good product. The features you are looking for, I think, are simplicity, don't need a ton of lift and low drag to help wth a current. A bp/w would be a good choice too. Also look at a Dive Rite trans pac, also a Florida company. The trans pac is a neat option as it is confugurable in different ways to suit the situation.

Where in Florida are you located?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom