Decompression Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBC

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Which decompression tables do you use? If you use a computer, are you aware of the Table in-which the computer algorithm is based?

Do you build any "fudge factor" into your bottom times? If not, why not?

Do you know how the Table you use compares with others?

I have a Garmin Gekko - my first computer. Before using it I compared the "results" & ascent rates with PADI tables & advice, finding it more conservative in both cases, so I now use it happily.

I use V-Planner.

I would choose to use the NAUI tables but family considerations force me toward the PADI tables.

Neither set of tables has any relationship to my dive computer.

I would never exceed the NAUI NDLs (when I used that table) but the table did provide deco stop information should I happen to stay down too long.

I think diving up against the computer NDLs, with the safety factor set at 0, might be a bad idea. But given that we only dive to about 40 feet (family considerations), NDLs are much longer than tank contents.

But, yes, I do know my tables and I do understand how to use them.

Richard

V-Planner on my Macs and X1. My Tec 2G, which is now a back up, runs a Buhlmann variant with optional deep stops.

Started with Navy tables and still use them as back up. Both of my computers use the modified Haldanean model.

Which decompression tables do you use? If you use a computer, are you aware of the Table in-which the computer algorithm is based?

Do you build any "fudge factor" into your bottom times? If not, why not?

Do you know how the Table you use compares with others?

Are you aware that tables are based on algorithms and not the other way around?

Are you aware that tables are based on algorithms and not the other way around?

Yes the algorithums (several) are converted into a Table. Were you aware that they are identified by the name of the Table and not by any one of the many algoritms in-which the tables are based?

Oh boy, here we go again!
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

This is funny but doesn't even make sense. Surely someone asking if you know what table your algorithm is based on rather than asking what algorithm your table is based on is not a question that has been beaten to death...or even beaten:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom