Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaylalew

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone I would really aprciate your help. My boyfriend and I did a dive 2 days ago and the next morning he woke up feeling a little sick. It didn't worry us much he just seemed a bit under the weather but not serious. We went for another dive that afternoon and as we were acending he was shivering freezing. It was cold but he was much colder than he should have been. As we got back on the board he explained that he was nauious, cold, and really sick.as soon as we got back to our hotel he was ill and layef in bed all day. He has been experiencing extreme headache, sore body especially knees, hot tempurture and chills, and an extreme lack of energy. I'm really worried that he has the bends but he believes it's just a common cold or flu. I talked to the dive shop and they don't sound worried either. We have to fly out of the Philippines tomorrow. Is that a safe idea?

Sounds like he has some sort of infection.

You didn't give any details of the dives you did, but I would not associate those symptoms with decompression sickness.

Agree that the symptoms sound more like a viral illness than DCS but it can't be ruled out over the internet, especially without a dive history. If you're concerned you should have him evaluated locally.

Best regards,
DDM

The first dive was 20 m deep and there was a proper saftey stop. The second was similar 27 m with also the saftey stop. First dive 43 minutes and second was a strong current drift and we were only under for 27 minutes

Kayla, those don't sound like very provocative profiles so I would lean more towards viral illness, but again, from almost 9000 miles away it's hard to say for sure. Is he feeling better today?

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom