Decompression on TUSA 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the IQ-700 is the same computer as the Nitek Duo? If not then disregard the following.

The Duo tells you DECO at the bottom of the screen and STOP at the top with the depth required below it. Next line down shows deco time in minutes at stop followed by total ascent time from current depth including the stop(s). If you undo the deco obligation during your ascend it will only show your NDL till 20 fsw and then start counting down 3 minutes as your safety stop (if the dive was deeper than 33 fsw, kind of hard not to and still go into deco).

So I think Mattboy had it right. 6-19 means 6 min stop with 19 min total ascent time. It's important to note that it only applies to your current point in the dive. The obligation WILL change as you begin your ascent.

Willem

willembad:
I believe the IQ-700 is the same computer as the Nitek Duo? If not then disregard the following.

The Duo tells you DECO at the bottom of the screen and STOP at the top with the depth required below it. Next line down shows deco time in minutes at stop followed by total ascent time from current depth including the stop(s). If you undo the deco obligation during your ascend it will only show your NDL till 20 fsw and then start counting down 3 minutes as your safety stop (if the dive was deeper than 33 fsw, kind of hard not to and still go into deco).

So I think Mattboy had it right. 6-19 means 6 min stop with 19 min total ascent time. It's important to note that it only applies to your current point in the dive. The obligation WILL change as you begin your ascent.

Willem

It is the same as the Nitek Duo however as I posted earlier 6 19 means a 6 minute stop at 20 fsw and the remainder (19-60=13 minutes) at 10 fsw. The total deco obligation is 19 minutes with 6 minutes required at the first stop which is shown in the top of the display and in this case would be 20 fsw.

In that case I guess whoever wrote the manual mis-worded the paragraph on page 33 that states

"(4) Total ascent time: This is the total amount of time (in minutes) you must spend at the decompression stops and the ascent time between decompression stops."

You can referance here: http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_13.pdf

It is page 37 of the pdf.

Willem

willembad:
In that case I guess whoever wrote the manual mis-worded the paragraph on page 33 that states

"(4) Total ascent time: This is the total amount of time (in minutes) you must spend at the decompression stops and the ascent time between decompression stops."

You can referance here: http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_13.pdf

It is page 37 of the pdf.

Willem

I guess I misunderstood the point you were trying to convey. I thought you were saying that the 6 was the only deco stop and I was just trying to point out that after the 6 minutes at 20 fsw obligation was fullfilled that there would be another obligation at 10 fsw.

With regards to the original posted scenario it still doesn't make sense to have essentially a 19 minute obligation that just goes away by moving up a foot. If the obligation was only a few minutes then it would go away by the time you ascended to 30 fsw or so but a 19 minute obligation just goes away by ascending a few feet? It doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom