Decompression Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a little surprised at the aggressive table quoted as current Navy Tables.
I normally use the current CMAS tables which are supposed to be based on the current Navy Tables and both underwent a severe tightening around year 2000 - I don't remember exactly when.
Anyway my table gives me for (160ft=49m) the 51m line for 21mins bottom time (from start of descent to start of ascent), with ascent rate of 9m/min (29.5ft/min),
2mins at 12m (39ft)
4mins at 9m (29ft)
5mins at 6m (20ft)
15mins at 3m (10ft)
Plus 5,5mins to ascend
Total ascent time = 31.5mins.

miketsp:
Just a little surprised at the aggressive table quoted as current Navy Tables.
I normally use the current CMAS tables which are supposed to be based on the current Navy Tables and both underwent a severe tightening around year 2000 - I don't remember exactly when.
Anyway my table gives me for (160ft=49m) the 51m line for 21mins bottom time (from start of descent to start of ascent), with ascent rate of 9m/min (29.5ft/min),
2mins at 12m (39ft)
4mins at 9m (29ft)
5mins at 6m (20ft)
15mins at 3m (10ft)
Plus 5,5mins to ascend
Total ascent time = 31.5mins.

From Navy Diving Manual Revsion 4 Cahnge A 1 March 2001 page 9-58

jamiep3:
From Navy Diving Manual Revsion 4 Cahnge A 1 March 2001 page 9-58

Thanks, I have the PDF version and I compared the tables. I never realized they were so different. My instructor at the time told me they were similar. Just goes to show that you can't take anybody's word and you always need to go back to the original source.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom