Decomposing body found on offshore oil rig off Gulf coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon:
Did you get my PM, cudabait?

Hemlon,

Yeah, I got it. Yes, once in awhile I do it! :wink:

Regards,

HHHH:
The article changed my original post was just cut and pasted from KTRK and the story was updated several times on their website. A lot of news sites change original stories as information comes in i've found.

I wondered if that might have happened. I didn't realize that it was a common practice, but I saw the copyright mark on your original cut n paste, and I wondered if the article had been changed. I'm easily confoosed. Thank you for enlightening me. :wink:

Foo

The real story is that the Fling had to back down off the rig in July, 1990. Kenny had been spearing lunch for the ride home, and his deco bottle (steel 72) was over the stern at about 25 feet. Wayne didn't haul the bottle up before telling Gary that the boat was ready to maneuvere (SP?). The Fling backed down over the cylinder, cutting the line. Kenny says that he was cleaning fish on the stern, and the first time he noticed anything wrong was when he saw a piece of rope trailing in the wake. Kenny probably wasn't too nervous when the FBI showed up at his door, because he was the instructor that trained the FBI agent when he (the FIBBIE) worked for Galveston County S&R. Kenny was the lead trainer on the Harris County dive rescue team, and will soon retire after 20 years as a Harris County Sherriffs Deputy. Channel 13 pretty much screwed up the story from the start, and when we offered to give them the correct story (before it aired) they were not interested. IMHO, all the Houston channels make up the news as they see fit, but that is a topic for another day.

Back
Top Bottom