Decomposing body found on offshore oil rig off Gulf coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup. Although, next time he forgets scuba gear, it should be in my car instead of in the water.

Wow that is weird. I bet that guy Kenneth was thrown for a loop since he had forgotten about the gear and had the law show up on his doorstep. Now that's a story to tell on a Surface Interval! :11:

The FBI took the scuba gear and traced it to professional diver Kenneth Cruse. Cruse told authorities he used the equipment as a dive marker and forgot about it, leaving it behind, Garcia said.

Pretty expensive marker, I'd say...:confused:

Foo:
My point was that the initial post by HHHH says that the victim was dressed in scuba gear, and had not been identified as a woman or man. The actual report says that they are not sure if the body is even human, and that it was found BY scuba gear.

So, did KTRK change the article, or did HHHH get it wrong in the first place? This is weird.

Foo

The article changed my original post was just cut and pasted from KTRK and the story was updated several times on their website. A lot of news sites change original stories as information comes in i've found.

At least it was not a person so far. It just goes to show what alittle media hype will do.

That was nice of the FBI to return that mans lost gear. I bet he was ready to wet him self when he heard them knock on the door and say "It is the FBI and we want to talk to you"

Is anyone else wondering this:

Are fish and human bones so similar that these bones could actually be mistaken for human???

The vertebrae, maybe...but a "leg bone"??

Hemlon:
Is anyone else wondering this:

Are fish and human bones so similar that these bones could actually be mistaken for human???

The vertebrae, maybe...but a "leg bone"??

Hemlon,

There is a substantially large pelagic, migratory fish called the Tibiaron. Contrary to other fish species, it has very few vertabrae in the tail. It does however have a single large elongated cartilage which ends at the tail which has five small appendages. Hence the name. The fish has few natural enemies and the adult is about half the size of the average adult Goliath Grouper. When disturbed the Tibiaron makes a unique sound, not to be confused with the sound of the Caribbean frogfish. The Tibiaron can change color and uses this ability to hide from much larger predators. The meat of the Tibiaron is not edible...however, the large bone part of the tail is excellent when prepared as a bone hoc with black eyed peas.

I'm glad this is a situation that has a happy ending.......and yes, Hemlon I'm pulling you "leg".

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom