Deco Reg

• Thread starter Deleted member 546628
  • Start date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dab:
The theory sounds good.........now if I can figure out a way to explain that at 200ft to the diver who's reg is free-flowing....

There are a lot of regulators out there that work just as well in cold water (better, in my experience) as your Poseidons. I routinely dive to 160-170 with my Apeks DS4/ATX50s during the winter in New England and have never had them freeflow on me, nor have any of my buddies that use the same setup. I've seen a lot of Poseidons blow up underwater and on the surface, though. They just aren't 'all that and a bag of chips'.

Soggy:
There are a lot of regulators out there that work just as well in cold water (better, in my experience) as your Poseidons. I routinely dive to 160-170 with my Apeks DS4/ATX50s during the winter in New England and have never had them freeflow on me, nor have any of my buddies that use the same setup. I've seen a lot of Poseidons blow up underwater and on the surface, though. They just aren't 'all that and a bag of chips'.

Different experiences equate to different preferences, thus many regs on the market. I don't claim that Poseidons are the answer for everyone, only that for me they have performed flawlessly and breathe effortlessly in the cold water (38-42F) here in the Great Lakes, DIR or not. I take good care of them, service them regularly and they perform as advertised. I just came back from a Lake Superior trip where one of the divers using the ATX50/DS4 combo had a freeflow, albeit a short one, comming up the line at 150ft. Not a knock against Apeks, as that would be my personal second choice, but there are many regs I personally wouldn't trust in a cold water enviornment.

I have it on good authority that I don't know what I'm talking about, so please disregard and listen to someone who knows more about Poseidons than I do.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom