Deco Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voidware

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Deco Project (complete)

Well, the deco project that I mentioned in my other thread is almost complete and available here! I have completed the technical and background sections and included an extremely simple air deco program in C++ (source available if you want it). I am still missing a conclusion (and references, but i'll send you those too if you want), but I can finish that stuff later.

Please comment, criticize, and complain. I don't care how boring it is, but if you're reading this, your opinion doesn't count. Also keep in mind that this is going to a non-diver, please tell me if you notice anything I need to include.

Thanks for all your help! I've worked hard on this and hope you enjoy.
brandon

PS-i just included the document word 2k (the whole thing is too big). The complete file is on my webspace, which is kinda iffy.

Your report is coming together very nicely.

You need to provide references to your sources as either footnotes or a reference table at the end of the document. This is particulary important when you directly borrow someone's figures or quote their text. When you neglect to reference your sources you are representing their work as your own, which is plagiarism.

Remember too there are some differences in opinion on the best decompression approaches. Be careful when representing one approach as correct and another as old-fashioned or wrong. Are you representing scientific fact or propoganda? What data or source are you using to make these determinations?

Ralph

Dear voidware:

Ditto to the comments of rcohn. It is necessary to add references to your paper.

With regard to decompression theory, it is necessary to bear in mind that there exists considerable speculation as to what is actually responsible for tables working successfully and for tables failing. It is often difficult to prove the validity of the underlying "theory."

In addition, many of the concepts that were applied in a mathematical form were not necessarily originally developed by the modelers themselves. For example, Edmund Harvey introduced concepts of micronuclei in the early 1940s but did develop decompression tables. Conversely, Eric Baker developed tables but not the concept of micronuclei. Often these concepts are confused.:confused:

Dr Deco :doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom