Deco for Divers missing pages!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey1971

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone else noticed a skip from p90 to p123 in their copy of Deco for Divers?, 2nd edition? This is very annoying, as it’s not a cheap book.

I’ll contact the publisher but first wanted to check if this is a one off or a known issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.jpeg
    IMG_0619.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 80
I have the 2nd edition, 2016 reprint. The problem's not present in that edition.

Think about how books are made. The pages are printed in sections. The sections are then put together along with the cover, bound and trimmed. A common size for the sections is 32 pages. This is how many pages you are missing. It could be just the 32 pages missing or it could be a different 32 pages added? It could be a one off, who knows.

If something is bought that is not fit for purpose. Normally these would be returned it to where they were purchased.

My version is an e-book and has no missing pages.

Well, I want to give kudos to the publisher, Aquapress. I emailed them last night and when I woke up, I had a response (they're in the UK, and I'm in the US).

They were surprised and explained their quality control process and said they hadn't seen this issue before. They'll send me a replacement.
I'm less impressed by the online seller from Abebooks, from whom I received an autoreply that USPS tracking shows the book as received. No human response to my clarification email.

The strange thing is that the spine looks like it's designed for a book this thickness (1cm). My first thought was that maybe either the pages were there but displaced or there may have been duplication of other pages, but neither of those is the case.

In any case, all's well that ends well. It's nice to see a company staffed by human beings who actually communicate with customers and make good on any errors.

My Kindle version on my Amazon Fire tablet is complete :)

One benefit to e-books.

Back
Top Bottom