Deco for Divers by Mark Powell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just tried to purchase this book via amazon.com and it's out of stock. I also checked eBay but there are only sellers based in the UK. I would prefer not to pay exorbitant shipping fees from the UK. Anyone have any suggestions?

I just tried to purchase this book via amazon.com and it's out of stock. I also checked but there are only sellers based in the UK. I would prefer not to pay exorbitant shipping fees from the UK. Anyone have any suggestions?

I bought my copy via Amazon.com right after Christmas. You may want to try Mark's site directly as it is in the UK. I am not sure what their stock situation is. Good luck!

Deco for Divers by Mark Powell

I just tried to purchase this book via amazon.com and it's out of stock. I also checked eBay but there are only sellers based in the UK. I would prefer not to pay exorbitant shipping fees from the UK. Anyone have any suggestions?
Try Border Brothers or Barnes & Noble. if that doesn't work i will lend u mine.

I just tried to purchase this book via amazon.com and it's out of stock. I also checked but there are only sellers based in the UK. I would prefer not to pay exorbitant shipping fees from the UK. Anyone have any suggestions?

I got my copy, albeit it last year, shipping from the UK wasn't much more than shipping in the US, maybe a $1 or $2. It think it came via boat so it took a few extra days.

Try Border Brothers or . if that doesn't work i will lend u mine.

I work PT and B&N, they don't have it. It is an UK POD, Print on Demand. Couldn't tell you about Borders though, but I speculate the same. We all have the same publishers.

If it is a print on demand right now it is unlikely that an e version is the first thought. Putting a book out yourself is work and setting cost while trying to see that people will still want to buy it is not easy. For works like this there is a very fine line. I know very well how it goes. You want to make sure you can fill orders in a timely manner by having copies on hand but not so many that any profit is setting in your living room waiting to be shipped. Going thru that now myself in deciding on the exact number for my first print run. I know how many are sold - no big deal. But how many will I sell at the show where I'll intro them? How many will be ok with waiting a week or two for shipping if I sell out? You just do not know. But that is why I'm offering CD, and a Pdf version that I can email.

I also want to get a copy of Mark's book but the stories of it being out are delaying that. I may try today.

As for typos- it all depends on the publisher as to what gets out and when there are errors the publisher expects the author and his/her editor to correct them. Again on smaller works it is less likely a big publishing company will care if there are a few. Unless they are so glaring that it is feared that it will reflect on their reputation and harm their other sales.

My editor is not going to let stuff like that go. It;s her name on it as well as mine and she is the editor because she knows how things should be. Even then we go thru and find little things each time. Depends on where we are in the process. I went through one time and found an "or" where it should have been "of". A week later not much farther from that there was an "of" where it should have been "or". When you are right in the thick of it the mind works fast and the fingers have trouble keeping up or miss a step. How many have had to go back and correct "amd" to "and" or hit the space bar a step too early? But in a published work, yes, those things should be kept to a minimum.

My dive buddy gave my this book for Christmas. I must say it makes for a great gift! I finished reading it last week and plan on rereading it this summer. I just wish I had read it before taking deco proceedures. Jim I can't wait to read your book when it comes out, there just arnt enough good dive related books out there.

Be careful. I ordered Deco For Divers from a UK seller on e-bay and never received the book. The seller never responded to e-mails from me or e-bay. Ebay eventually refunded me. I still have to find the book in stock somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom