Deco cleared "on the go"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too am under the impression that OP's "I was in deco" is an artifact of macdive/subsurface's display, not the actual DC reading.

I've no idea whether Garmin includes calculated NDLs in its logs and iDive may know how to read that information, but from a programmer's standpoint: why bother? You can always recompute from the logged time/pressure points.

I too am under the impression that OP's "I was in deco" is an artifact of macdive/subsurface's display, not the actual DC reading.

I've no idea whether Garmin includes calculated NDLs in its logs and iDive may know how to read that information, but from a programmer's standpoint: why bother? You can always recompute from the logged time/pressure points.

Yeah, but that would require you to make sure that your dive logging software had the same algorithm and modification factors (conservatism, GFs, etc..) that you used when actually diving with your DC. What do you do for DCs that use a proprietary algorithm?

Yeah, but that would require you to make sure that your dive logging software had the same algorithm and modification factors (conservatism, GFs, etc..) that you used when actually diving with your DC. What do you do for DCs that use a proprietary algorithm?

Yep. Cressi dive log will display NDLs for my leonardo, subsurface won't. Suunto software will apparently let you plan a decompression dive to match a zoop (cressi doesn't have a planner). For ZH-L+GF calculated tissue loadings should match well enough between different implementations, but the calculated ceilings depend on GF settings. On no-stop dives it's worse: calculated NDLs depend in addition on whether ascent time is factored in, and the assumed ascent rate for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom