Deco bottle idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some friends were in a Tech1 a few weeks ago and AG had them shorten the length of their stage slings. I don't have the numbers but I saw the bottles. The rear clamp was about half-way down the bottle, far different than where it is using the standard halcyon stage kit.

I agree with Pug, crab bands are the best. They work great, are cheap, and the company ships fast.

WW

ericfine50 once bubbled...
WW

Can you grab a pic one day? It the handle 1/2 way down and close to the bottle?

Thanks
Eric

Haven't got my own set up that way yet. Yea, the handle runs about half-way down instead of the current 3/4 of the way, everything else basically the same. I only got a glance not a close and detailed explanation.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...
... AG had them shorten the length of their stage slings. I don't have the numbers but I saw the bottles. The rear clamp was about half-way down the bottle, far different than where it is using the standard halcyon stage kit.
What was AG's reasoning behind shortening the length of the sling?

The Pirate :pirate:

The Pirate once bubbled...

What was AG's reasoning behind shortening the length of the sling?

The Pirate :pirate:

I wasn't in the class but as I understand it the bottle lays better this way.

WW

For the length of the strap, I put on my backplate, and measured the distance between the two drings. I then put the clamp that same distance from the cruve in the top of the bottle. It seems to work great for me. I will try to remember to post a picture.

BTW -- thanks to those that suggested putting the tubing for holding the reg hose OVER the stage kit. I was playing around with my 30CF bottle in our local YMCA pool last night and found re-stowing the hose much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom