Deco bottle idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveW

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else is doing this but it works pretty good. I bought a set of vacuum cleaner replacement belts at lowes, about 2.50, and they worked great for the hose clamp on my deco bottle. Perfect size, cheap and looks a lot neater than the inner tube I had on it. Just thought I would pass it along.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
We paid a $2.50 for a bag of these crab trap bands at Seattle Marine... and they are just the right size for holding the hose on the 40cf deco bottle.
Got a part number for those little beauties, Pug? Looks like a likely addition to my collection.
Rick

I prefer surgical tubing with an ear of about three inches sticking up so I can grab it and return my hose to it's origional place when I plan to switch mixes or exit the water. Bands are hard to grab a hold of when they hug the outside of the tank. My gloved fingers always struggled to get under the bands.
Wreck/Tec

If you run the bands over the stage kit, and the fuel hose, you will have no problems getting your fingers underneath them. Of course, I have never tried this with thick gloves though.

JamesK once bubbled...
If you run the bands over the stage kit, and the fuel hose, you will have no problems getting your fingers underneath them. Of course, I have never tried this with thick gloves though.
That is the way we do it and have no trouble getting *under* the band using thick drygloves by grasping it where it goes over the tubing.

So......regardless of what you use to secure the hose....running the surgical tubing/bungee/crab trap bands OVER the stage kit tubing makes more sense...? I was just setting one of these up last week and ran them under the stage kit....

large_diver once bubbled...
So......regardless of what you use to secure the hose....running the surgical tubing/bungee/crab trap bands OVER the stage kit tubing makes more sense...? I was just setting one of these up last week and ran them under the stage kit....

Yep, I think so... I thought I had the original idea when I started doing it... guess not. :eek:

It's much easier to get ahold of that way and can be done even one handed with practice.

large_diver once bubbled...
Looks like I'm not the only one who will be rerigging a bottle as a result of this thread. Thanks!

I had a look in the DIRF book, and there must be half a dozen permutations of stage bottle rigging in it. I like UP's idea of two crab bands instead of the honking great piece of inner tube that came with the FifthD kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom