Decisions on a Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also take a look at Ratio iX3M computers. Ratio Dive Computers - Choose a model

You have some distributors in Australia that carry them. https://uwimages.com.au/pages/our-dealers

Excellent advice indeed!!

I use the Ratio iX3M Tech + and like it very much. It has a very easy to follow menu and all the features you will ever need. The screen is easy to read and bright enough to see it in the very sunny Libyan daylight.

Ratio Dive Computers - iX3M [Gps] Tech+

I would also take a look at Ratio iX3M computers. Ratio Dive Computers - Choose a model

You have some distributors in Australia that carry them. https://uwimages.com.au/pages/our-dealers
I've never been sure why Ratio dives Buhlmann ZH-L 16B rather than C. I have emailed them a few times without a response.16B is just a little more liberal than 16C, based on some of the middle compartments. Perhaps that is why their GF preset max is 93 and 90 rather than 95?

Shearwater computers are pretty much the best ones for technical diving. That most rebreather manufacturers use them on their rebreathers backs this up.

A Perdix is a great computer. Have had one for years with hundreds of dives on it and am very happy to recommend it. My rebreather also has a Petrel and a Nerd2; three Shearwaters on a dive...

But why... I like that it's easy to use: the user interface is intuitive and very simple -- nobody ever got more intelligent diving underwater. I like the simple case design and that it takes a single AA battery which is commonly available anywhere and you could probably find one on a dive boat or at the back end of the universe (although it's best to use a SAFT battery as these last much longer). I like the information display: easy to read and lots of info available about the dive for you to read at deco. I like the standard Buhllmann algorithms. I like the Shearwater cloud programs which sync across devices and the Bluetooth downloads.

But most of all I like that it just works and has never failed me. Unlike other dive computers.

AI (Air Integration -- wireless gas pressures) or not: don't care. I use the Nerd2's AI on my rebreather, I'd never bother with AI on open circuit.

They also work in a recreational mode where less information's displayed.

(Sorry this seems like an advertisment, I would never say any of that unless I truly believed it)

Maybe for a backup which is better than no backup, but won't cut it for more complex technical diving.
Thanks and much appreciated.

I just started getting back into diving after about 15 years out of the water. One thing I discovered is that everyone is using a computer now. After some research, I decided on the Aqualung i330R and absolutely love it. It does not have AI, but its also only around $350. It has a full color screen, rechargeable battery, bluetooth to link to your phone, and only two buttons but is super easy to navigate through and figure out how to use all its features. If you haven't purchase a computer yet, I would strongly recommend checking out the i330R.

I started out with a cheap Cressi computer. Worked well for a long time. A few years ago when I got much more into diving (liveaboards in exotic places) I upgraded to a Shearwater Teric. I debated getting the transmitters but in the end I did not. Thats because no matter what I would always use a SPG, never trust the wireless enough to drop the SPG. Since it would be redundant anyway I decided not to. Yes, tracking air consumption would be a neat feature but that alone didn't seem to justify the cost. The Teric is awesome. Expensive, but its a one time purchase that should last at least 10 years if not more.

I just started getting back into diving after about 15 years out of the water. One thing I discovered is that everyone is using a computer now. After some research, I decided on the Aqualung i330R and absolutely love it. It does not have AI, but its also only around $350. It has a full color screen, rechargeable battery, bluetooth to link to your phone, and only two buttons but is super easy to navigate through and figure out how to use all its features. If you haven't purchase a computer yet, I would strongly recommend checking out the i330R.
Did you have your case O-ring taken care of? https://files.plytix.com/api/v1.1/f...535bf5f39abc018e/i330R Technical Bulletin.pdf

Back
Top Bottom