December Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

81 degrees at 60 feet...i dove bare except for a rash shirt. Warm surface temps with a mild breeze this afternoon. Now watching what will most likely be a stellar sunset from the beach...come on down and get wet!

A Canadian diving a 7 mm in tropical waters seems almost sacrilegious! :D
I'm a grey-purple-haired chick. As I get older I find I get colder. Will probably be adding a 3 mm hooded vest by February...

7mm? Oh no, now I’m doubting whether my 5mm is will be sufficient.

The past week I was getting chilled in my 14 year old 3MM suit which is probably delivering the insulating properties of a plastic trash bag now but the topside temps have jumped with the next few days to be in the mid 80s with heat index 90 or better. Throw in some sun, no rain, and light winds and it feels like summer again (depending on where you’re coming from). 5mm if it is a newer suit should be fine. Do bring and wear a beanie or hood.

The past week I was getting chilled in my 14 year old 3MM suit which is probably delivering the insulating properties of a plastic trash bag now but the topside temps have jumped with the next few days to be in the mid 80s with heat index 90 or better. Throw in some sun, no rain, and light winds and it feels like summer again (depending on where you’re coming from). 5mm if it is a newer suit should be fine. Do bring and wear a beanie or hood.

Yes, I’ll be wearing my trusted beanie for sure. And boat coat on SI. Hope I won’t get too chilled! Hope weather stays warm topside too. It will make a big difference. Packing now!!!

A Canadian diving a 7 mm in tropical waters seems almost sacrilegious! :D

Pfft. Carribean in the winter = 7mm. I’m not freezing my a55 off. Did that once and won’t do it again. :)

Nothing much to report...woke up, went diving. Sunny warm and 81 at 66 feet...life is good.

Guys, please keep the conditions the same for us! We’ll be down tomorrow!

Guys, please keep the conditions the same for us! We’ll be down tomorrow!

Forecast is snow and 18f tomorrow....but not here :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom