December Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm here! Sat in front of Skittle on the Plane, and chatted while we were in line for Immigracion, so now I have a face to match with the name. Getting on the boat for my first dives in about 30 minutes.

I'm not staying in a hotel, but we are 4 day cruising from Tampa to Coz. Will be in coz on the 13th............ There are 4 of us, all very experienced, anyone diving that day and want to group up?

Nice diving today. Kind of (well, kind of is being nice) freaked out getting in the water the first dive but was okay when I got down. Second dive no problems. Vis isn't great right now, 50 ft? But the water is a nice 82!

Nothing big to see on Palancar Gardens. Paso de Cedral lots of swimming nurse sharks, gorgeous eagle ray, pretty turtle.

Nice diving today. Kind of (well, kind of is being nice) freaked out getting in the water the first dive but was okay when I got down. Second dive no problems. Vis isn't great right now, 50 ft? But the water is a nice 82!

Nothing big to see on Palancar Gardens. Paso de Cedral lots of swimming nurse sharks, gorgeous eagle ray, pretty turtle.

My favorite part of the Gardens are the swim throughs and exploring some of the chambers off the beaten track, I can normally find a few Pez Leon lurking about under the reef. Three more days till I see the Skinny Shark

Nitrox624; 12/2-12/6; Occidental Grand; Private boat
Cbm32; 12/2-12/9; El Cid; Tres Pelicanos
Froid; 12/2-12/9; El Cid; Tres Pelicanos
1bubbleoff; 12/2-12/9; El Cid; Tres Pelicanos
DJDiverDan; 12/3-12/10; Casa del Mar; Dive with Martin
Skittl1321; 12/3-12/10; Suites Bahia; Tres Pelicanos
Susanita; 12/3-12/20; Casa de Jefe; Scuba with Alison
ReefHound 12/5-12/12; Iberostar; Tres Pelicanos
watermonkee 12/5- 12/12; Iberostar; Tres Pelicanos
sctom; 12/6-12/20; Melia; Aldora
Gopbroek; 12/7-12/16; Casa de Steve (probably); Tres Pelicanos
DandyDon 12/10-12/17; Villa Blanca; Tres Pelicanos and Scuba with Alison
tampaScuba 12/13; cruising in;
Pjhansman 12/13-12/20; Hotel Cozumel; Living Underwater
CVChief; 12/13-12/20; Casa de Jefe; Scuba with Alison
Fireworkswi; 12/13-12/21; Reef Residencias; Liquid Blue Divers
MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Scallop; 12/17-12/30; Hotel Cozumel; ?
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
violinfather: 12/19-1/5: Residencias Reef and ScubaTony
DeltaWardog; 12/19-1/5; Casa Kin Ha ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Basscat; 12/23-30; Hotel Plaza Cozumel; BlueXTSea
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora

Looks like I'm next, wheels up in 17 hrs.:yeahbaby:

That bold line isn't moving fast enough to the bottom! 2 weeks seems like an eternity to wait. :)

And of course the 2 weeks there will fly by. But oh, what a flight it will be.

Starting to get the urge to practice safety stops in the bathtub.

Sitting by the poolside at Casa Del Mar. Not posting much, WiFi here is spotty & slow, but the Diving has been GREAT. Wdnesday did two easy shallow dives - a number in the group wanted to ease into it - Columbia Shallows and Chankanaab. Columbia Shallows was amazing - six spotted eagle rays, and they actually came in close, Turtles, Lobsters, a huge crab, Toadfish, big File fish, just a lot of life. Chankanaab was also good, but only two Eagle rays. Today, Palancar Caves and El Cedral - again, great dives. I still haven't had time to upload videos from my new camera, I hope they turned out, and I hope the red filter works to get better true colors. Trip Report to come after I return home.

Sorry, only two days in and already in vacation mode when I've lost track of the days of the week. Arrived Wednesday, first Dives Thursday, second dives today (is this Friday?). Lots of free swimming Nurse Sharks at El Cedral - I don't remember this many Nurse Sharks out swimming and hunting during the day in the past. Only sleeping on the sand bottom. Also, four dives and I've spotted only two lionfish (not counting the one on my plate at La Perlita yesterday). I've already spotted twice that many Splendid Toadfish. I guess all the hunting has cut down on the population, or at least scared most of the buggers into hiding.

Last edited:
Chankanaab was also good, but only two Eagle rays...

Only 2!?! Oh, man, I feel for ya :wink:
Somebody is already spoiled :)
I'll be there in 18 days to keep them company. Columbia Shallows is always awesome, and sounds like you got an extra special day there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom