December Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, sorry. You seem to have had a bunch of funerals lately.
Yeah, been expecting several from a large family, lots of uncles & aunts getting on in years, some younger ones with issues, etc. Sorry to bring a damper to the thread. If I was already away, I might not make the services, but since they are now pending - I may need to cancel so I can attend. Glad TravelSafe recognizes uncles & aunts as appropriate to their provisions.

For now, it may just be a hurry to get back and load up to leave the next morning - but I can't get excited about packing until I know. Mike at TresP even offered to pick me up at the airport, but I thanked him for his generous offer and declined. Planning on catching a van to Villablanca, get checked in, bags stored, maybe lunch, then go to their shop to turn in my pony & some of my gear - so I can be unencumbered when I leave for Mega. He offered to pick me up at VB saving that taxi, take me to the fill station which could be interesting, then back to VB - so I'd just ask to be dropped off at Mega and save that little hike from his shop.

Edit: Ok, so I gave up on hope and cancelled today. Replan soon...

Last edited:
Yeah, been expecting several from a large family, lots of uncles & aunts getting on in years, some younger ones with issues, etc. Sorry to bring a damper to the thread. If I was already away, I might not make the services, but since they are now pending - I may need to cancel so I can attend. Glad TravelSafe recognizes uncles & aunts as appropriate to their provisions.

For now, it may just be a hurry to get back and load up to leave the next morning - but I can't get excited about packing until I know. Mike at TresP even offered to pick me up at the airport, but I thanked him for his generous offer and declined. Planning on catching a van to Villablanca, get checked in, bags stored, maybe lunch, then go to their shop to turn in my pony & some of my gear - so I can be unencumbered when I leave for Mega. He offered to pick me up at VB saving that taxi, take me to the fill station which could be interesting, then back to VB - so I'd just ask to be dropped off at Mega and save that little hike from his shop.

Edit: Ok, so I gave up on hope and cancelled today. Replan soon...

Ugh, so sorry to hear about the death DandyDon. I'm glad that you armed yourself with great travel insurance though; it sounds as though you will be able to reschedule. While it's certainly a headache, I'm sure it will be nice to see your family, as well. (Why does it always take funerals to bring people together?!)

My wife and I are heading back for our 9th dive vaca to CZM and our 10th anniversary (married in COZ on 10/10/04 at Nachi before it became a beach club). Staying in town as always at the Casa Mexicana and looking to dive with Tres Pelicanos this trip as Aqua Safari was sold and nuf said about that. If you'll be "In Town" for our dive/play days from Dec 13-24 let us know and send an email to deepsea21@yahoo.com as we'll be GONE! ; )

We will be arriving Saturday. First trip that we are only diving 4 days. Going to take time shopping downtown, eating/drinking and getting pictures of the Christmas lights.

Nitrox624; 12/2-12/6; Occidental Grand; Private boat
Cbm32; 12/2-12/9; El Cid; Tres Pelicanos
Froid; 12/2-12/9; El Cid; Tres Pelicanos
1bubbleoff; 12/2-12/9; El Cid; Tres Pelicanos
DJDiverDan; 12/3-12/10; Casa del Mar; Dive with Martin
Skittl1321; 12/3-12/10; Suites Bahia; Tres Pelicanos

Susanita; 12/3-12/20; Casa de Jefe; Scuba with Alison
ReefHound 12/5-12/12; Iberostar; Tres Pelicanos
watermonkee 12/5- 12/12; Iberostar; Tres Pelicanos
sctom; 12/6-12/20; Melia; Aldora
Gopbroek; 12/7-12/16; Casa de Steve (probably); Tres Pelicanos

The_grrrrr 12/12-12/12; Cancun/cozumel
tampaScuba 12/13; cruising in
Pjhansman 12/13-12/20; Hotel Cozumel; Living Underwater
CVChief; 12/13-12/20; Casa de Jefe; Scuba with Alison
Deepsea21; 12/13-12/21; Casa Mexicana; Tres Pelicanos
Fireworkswi; 12/13-12/21; Reef Residencias; Liquid Blue Divers
MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Scallop; 12/17-12/30; Hotel Cozumel; ?
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
violinfather: 12/19-1/5: Residencias Reef and ScubaTony
DeltaWardog; 12/19-1/5; Casa Kin Ha ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Basscat; 12/23-30; Hotel Plaza Cozumel; BlueXTSea
Ross and Maureen, 12/29 - 1/8; Park Royal; Living Underwater.
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora

Sorry, I started slacking the last few days of vacation... the list is updated again :) (I think)
It was great to meet so many scubaboarders this year.

It's gotta be tough on Skittles, making her keep up this list even after her own days in Paradise are over, and she's back in the Iowa winter.

It was nice when we got home last night! 30 degrees, didn't even need a coat to get to the car.

Happily....in less than 2 days I'll be in Coz and having supper at Los Tortugas :D

Tomorrow night we will be having dinner at Buccanos. Can't wait to see what Inez has for featured entrees. 23 hours till we take flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom