December meeting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveO

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, Folks-
At our meeting last month we talked about a December dive trip to Mt Storm as a topic/venue for a next meeting. What are your thoughts?

DaveO

I would like to go as well, but Dec is going to be hard for me...I have a couple xmas parties next weekend and the weekend after that an oyster dive in the chesapeake, then xmas, etc. etc.

I may not be able to do it until after Jan 10...so I am probably out for a Dec. trip.

I'd be up for Mount Storm in January. I'm awaiting to her the details on an oyster dive a buddies in on. Maybe the same on as O'Ring?

Looks like December is a thin diving month, oyster dives notwithstanding!

O-Ring, I finally recognized the quote in your tag line. Are you a HTTG fan?

I’m going to Mt. Storm on Sunday for the OW portion of drysuit training, I’ll let you know what it’s like. As long as the rental drysuit is available, I’m also up for a trip in January.

Mike

DaveO once bubbled...
Looks like December is a thin diving month, oyster dives notwithstanding!

O-Ring, I finally recognized the quote in your tag line. Are you a HTTG fan?
Big fan...I have the big compendium of all the books as well as the old paperbacks. Some of my favorite writings around...

I am definitely up for a trip in January...I would not be doing the oyster dive either due to Dec time constraints, but I already said I would and somebody booked me the spot. I think a Jan trip would be awesome...besides, I have to get used to quarries ("real" diving) again after coming back from Bonaire on the 10th..

My sister lived in the UK and recorded the radio shows that played on BBC, then brought the tapes home on a visitt. Classic humor. Most of my brothers and sisters can quote the dialog verbatim, and our conversations still include relevant bits.

MikeS once bubbled...
I’m going to Mt. Storm on Sunday for the OW portion of drysuit training, I’ll let you know what it’s like. As long as the rental drysuit is available, I’m also up for a trip in January.

Mike

If you watch the air temp on the day you are going to Mt Storm, it is usually quite comfortable in a wet suit as MOST of the time the water temp in the winter is 60 or so. This is dependant on what the weather has been and at what level the power plant is opperating. The worst I have seen it in the last 7 years is 49.

Consequently if you catch a day during the winter when the air temp is 60 or so as it frequently can be, a wet suit is fine. On the other hand the weather can change rapidly up there, hence the name - Mt Storm. Last year we were up there both days one weekend and the first day was very nice the second was 8" of snow and wind chill of about 10!

Dave D

I can't see getting up there in Dec but Jan is a definite.

After Bonaire, I probably won't be able to dive until I get a source of income. Which could happen in January -- I'll find out in about two weeks.

<shiver>

Too long out of the water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom