Dec 7, 1941

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/dec07.html

This thread is not about bashing Japan. It's about remembering the men who died that day, as well as those who survived the attack, and honoring their service to country.

And as a SCUBA diving board, researching what is happening with the U.S.S. Arizona is worth noting.

the Pearl Harbor survivors will be meeting one last time this year (today) at the Arizona memorial. they are getting too old or ill to be able to continue to attend, so they decided to make this year's the last time they will meet.

it is another historic moment, perhaps not as significant as the attack itself, but certainly one worth remembering.

Thinking about everyone who was there today. It hit me on my way to work....

Andy.. your post brought tears to my eyes.. Its sad that they arent going to be able to make it there anymore, Im sure that it means a lot to them. :(

Those who died, and those who lived to continue to defend our country: They are not forgotten. They continue to have our gratitude and respect.

It is sad to see that the passing years has resulted in this being the survivor's last gathering.

Additionally, I recently read an article that indicated that the Arizona Memorial itself was in a pretty bad way- that it is desparately in need of major repairs (and the $$ for them),without which it may no longer be useable as a memorial.

Unfortunately, I don't have a source or a link.
Do any of our Hawaii-resident divers have any info on that situation??

Thanks,
Mike

7f2e.jpg

H2Andy:
the Pearl Harbor survivors will be meeting one last time this year (today) at the Arizona memorial. they are getting too old or ill to be able to continue to attend, so they decided to make this year's the last time they will meet.

Another important note is that the survivors of the attack that are gathering will also include of the Japanese that were involved. Truely noteworthy of how mankind changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom