Death of a recreational diver after a fall on board MV Elaine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubadiverDale has the gaul

To seek a summary, 100 posts in all!

Doctor mike says, “Hey Feller,

yer not Helen Keller!,

Read it yerself, ya won’t sprang an eyeball!”

Sorry was brand new

yer not Helen Keller!,

Um no I was not asking for a recap. I was thinking that if I was the family I would be pissed off at the people arguing about my family members death. I found it upsetting. I see it alot in accidents forum people sometimes forget that there are real trajedies that people are dissecting.
I understand why we have these threads and I read them all now that im here in the hopes it helps me but some people I feel need to consider the families.

That was my only point. And It was one of my first posts on the forum so I now know it always happens and I try to ignore the harsher comments on threads about people dying.

yer not Helen Keller!,

Thanks! My thoughts too, just decided not to go there as I couldn't think of how to do so politely.

(Assuming you meant "gall", and not a reference to a region of Europe from biblical times...)
:D

if you read my last post which is DIRECTLY above yours you will realize that is DEFINITILY not what I was saying. Wasnt asking for a recap of any kind just thought the bickering over someone dying might upset the family.
You do realize that two people can be typing at the same time, and not always see the most up to date post before hitting "Post Reply", right? Don't be so quick to take offense, especially on SB.
:(

if you read my last post which is DIRECTLY above yours you will realize that is DEFINITILY not what I was saying. Wasnt asking for a recap of any kind just thought the bickering over someone dying might upset the family.
And.... I'll also add that my comments were misdirected. My bad.
I jumped to the conclusion that @Bubblesong 's post referred to a recent post I read, apparently on a different thread, where someone actually did ask for a recap of days/weeks worth of posts. Not hard to lose track of threads, and scrolling back to find original posts that are not directly quoted in a reply is hit or miss.

When I read your post previously, and today, I did understand what you are saying.

I have seen cases on Scubaboard in which a man dies, leaving young kids. Those kids grow old enough to google search their father’s name and find their father’s death described in disrespectful terms. So I always post about an incident as if it was in the presence of a child trying to understand why they lost their Dad. And those kids DO want to know what happened.
I have also seen people skip over discussions to make a point that has already been made, (and sometimes debunked!) 15-20 times. Or they ask for a re-cap. Thus I wrote a silly limerick to that SB poster.
Mythspellings are my own respanxability.

I have seen cases on Scubaboard in which a man dies, leaving young kids. Those kids grow old enough to google search their father’s name and find their father’s death described in disrespectful terms. So I always post about an incident as if it was in the presence of a child trying to understand why they lost their Dad. And those kids DO want to know what happened.
I have also seen people skip over discussions to make a point that has already been made, (and sometimes debunked!) 15-20 times. Or they ask for a re-cap. Thus I wrote a silly limerick to that SB poster.
Mythspellings are my own respanxability.

Yea kind of depressing that. I hope my son never has to read about me here.

@ScubadriverDale, you should read:
Diver Down: Real-World SCUBA Accidents and How to Avoid Them by Michael R. Ange

Back
Top Bottom