DCS sympton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiveGirl

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend of mine was treated for a hit over a month ago and was sympton free until about a week ago - she experienced tingling in the opposite leg of where she had the hit. Could this be related to the DCS?

Did she make another dive since the first symptom?

If not then the symptom is almost assuredly not related to her original symptom and not DCS.

Jeff Lane

One month later is certainly too long for a DCS symptom to appear post dive.

Dr Deco:doctor:

no diving since the accident - the Dr. recommended 6 weeks of no diving - so thats actually next week.

Thanks for the info!

Hey DiveGirl,

I bet she is excited to get back in the water!

If she is still experiencing the tingling she may want to get checked out just in case before suiting up and lugging heavy gear around. I have several friends who have recurrent tingling from pressure on the sciatic nerve.

In any case everyone should take a few moments prior to any dive and really think about how they are feeling...

pain, strains, tingling, soreness, etc...

It sounds silly to hear it but how many times have you or someone you know surfaced from a dive and wondered about whether or not you had a stiff or sore joint before going in the water or if it occured post dive?

Just an aid in attempting to differentiate between a pressure related injury and other causes...

When in doubt treatment is the best option and as many have mentioned in the past...

Jeff Lane

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
A friend of mine was treated for a hit over a month ago and was sympton free until about a week ago - she experienced tingling in the opposite leg of where she had the hit. Could this be related to the DCS?

Not likely to be related to her DCS, but a symptom which should not be ignored in a young woman. What were her DCS symptoms?

A trip to her family practitioner might be in order.

beche de mer once bubbled...

Not likely to be related to her DCS, but a symptom which should not be ignored in a young woman. What were her DCS symptoms?

A trip to her family practitioner might be in order.

she had complained on the boat on tingling in the right leg that was alleviated by O2 - after a trip to the chamber she was symptom free - - last week, we were at the gym and she complained of tingling down the back of the other leg... I was thinking sciatica?

Offering and receiving medical advice over the net is always a bad idea. However, in the case of your friend, non diving-related causes need to be considered and I suggest she visit her family practitioner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom