DC1200 pics-Bonaire 9/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Don. But while that works, with this dismal sat. connection, I will be here till tomorrow, before 12 pics can download. At least you helped me prove it IS my satellite connection tonight, and not an issue with SB!

Very nice. One strobe or two? I'm getting one for before my trip to Little Cayman, but no strobes to start with. This will be my first trip with a camera.

Oh, come on....get the strobe!! Mine has two. My last big batch of pics came from Little Cayman. When are you going?

Very nice. One strobe or two? I'm getting one for before my trip to Little Cayman, but no strobes to start with. This will be my first trip with a camera.

I use two now, but went through the same process as you. Without any strobes, you won't end up with much color in your pics at all if you're below 40'-50'. One strobe will get you color, but will still leave you with blue shadows in one direction. So, if you can swing it, I say ya' jump in with both feet.

The Little Caymen trip will be my last reef diving trip for a while, the next couple after that will be Full Cave and Trimix, so the bulk of the strobes will rule them out. I'll be practicing composition and just dealing with the camera next week.

You don't want a strobe in a cave, or don't want the distraction of the camera?

Either, both. Baby cave divers have enough to worry about without lighting angles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom