DC ring glove installation tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I used the DC rings, I had wrist seals. Maybe a 1/4" to 1/2" seal on the wrist inside the glove. There doesn't have to be a lot of seal on the wrist. Just enough to make the seal. The seal is not exposed to high flow or current with the glove on, so even in the event of a leakng glove, the interior wrist seal should be fine.

Unless the dive was going deeper than about 100 ft, I never worried about equalizing the glove. If I did, usually just a small piece of neoprene or possibly material from a sock is all I ever used.

The 3/4" estimate from the first post might be a little much. 1/2" may be closer to what I used to use. I haven't used the DC rings in over a year, so I'm not positive. I know it was at least the length of my thumbnail,

jepuskar:
It is, but thats ok...I'm happy with the SI-Tech system.

Now here is a question ole wise one....do you have wrist seals with yours or no? If you do, do you allow air into the gloves? If so, what do u use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom