DC gloves over DUI ZIP seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Bill,

Pam is super! Thanks for giving her a call. Send us a photo of you in your new suit.

Mmmm... I love that new drysuit smell:cool2:

Does DUI sell those little hangy christmas tree things for your car with "New drysuit smell"? I'd totally buy it!

Camerone and Kathy.
Sorry about time lag for reply ,I had to take some time out for personal health issue. Just picked up suit and installed rings ( a bit different and time consuming as it was first time, certainly not as hard as some say but made and used recommended tool which is a must in my mind) and got first dive in. Great suit ,good fit. Wish I had cut a bit more off cuffs(Camerones full 2 inches) but will finesse it by shortening gloves for a bit. I include a picture of rings installed on heavy zipseals which for some reason have latex glued to other side of seal than standards.
Now I must figure out the turbosoles which are very difficult to get my feet into ( tight at ankle area)with only 1 sock on and pinched the top of my foot where fin pocket ended while having lots of slop in foot area itself.
Hmm. I am thinking of making some neoprene insoles to suck up some of the room and hoping that use stretches out ankle area allowing me to get heavier or 2 pair of socks into foot pocket.
I am also taking time to get used to zipseal neck which is warm enough with warmneck but scuffed my nose on first non thinking exit.
Regards Bill

Attachments

• 20100603-DC glove rings-2-2.jpg
    20100603-DC glove rings-2-2.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Glad it all worked out for you, Bill...

Turbosoles are not my favorites - better than the RockBoots, but I think there are better footwear solutions out there for drysuits. I found that I needed much heavier socks in my turbosoles to ward off the "pinch" from the fin pockets. I ended up sewing a set of 400g thinsulate booties with 200g fleece liners and ripstop nylon shells. They're a little tricky to don/doff, but the padding helps tremendously. The DUI 400g liners are very good choices, and I've seen them on closeout very inexpensively. DiveRite makes a nice 200g thinsulate set of drysuit underwear socks that are also very nice looking. Getting the feet squished into the neoprene socks on the suit is pretty much my least favorite part of kitting up. I much prefer a Wellington style boot and wish DUI still offered one, like in the good "old" days.

Good luck with the suit and enjoy the diving. I'm moving inland later this month (Denver) so my diving will drop off dramatically from "weekly or better" to "occasionally" - basically, whenever I can get a couple of days and a plane ticket down to cave country in Florida...

Camarone.
Thanks again.
I have about 4 dives on suit now. The DC gloves are great. I cut up an old 6mm drysuit and made insoles ,then use two pairs of socks, one thick one thin and finesse my way into the turbo sole.
The evil pinch on my arch top is gone and they seem to be stretching out a wee bit allowing me thicker socks but I still have a bit of slop in my fin pockets and it is and always will be my least favorite (most finicky)part of donning my suit . While liking free ankle movement there are alot of options now available in the Wellington style that i would also prefer to have on my suit also.
Just got back from a day diving on Cortez island. Vis ok for summer but kind of murky.
Bill

If your heel is rocking in turbosoles or other attached DS boots theses fin keepers help a lot. You just wear them right on the boot and they lock the heel down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom