DC dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vbcoachchris

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally got my trilam DC drysuit. I have been trying for hours to get the dry glove cuff through the sleeve. it's like puting a square peg in a round hole. I did a search, but could not find any tips. Advice anyone?

They won't fit on ALL suits.

My wife has a Women's large suit - tried and tried to get them into her suit. No go.

The smaller suits, I believe they will not work.

I dive a Medium Mens. Fits great.

---
Ken

I have the rings on my stock Med DUI TLS 350.... but boy... I had to fight for every last inch getting those things in there.... I'm supprised I didn't bust out the seems. Sorry but no tips from me.

I just did my 350 tonight. Took me all of 5 minutes for both arms.

If you turn the sleeve inside out and the ring fits through to the seal...its doable.

#1 mistake I have seen is that the user has the ring to close to the latex/drysuit seam.

JeffG:
I just did my 350 tonight. Took me all of 5 minutes for both arms.

If you turn the sleeve inside out and the ring fits through to the seal...its doable.

#1 mistake I have seen is that the user has the ring to close to the latex/drysuit seam.

How close should it be?

It is a custom suit, but should be close to a XXL, so you would think it would fit.

I ordered both the rings and suit together, surly they would not make a custom suit that would not support the rings, if they knew in advance I wanted them on it.

vbcoachchris:
How close should it be?

It is a custom suit, but should be close to a XXL, so you would think it would fit.

I ordered both the rings and suit together, surly they would not make a custom suit that would not support the rings, if they knew in advance I wanted them on it.

I've installed the DC rings on Mens small, med, large, XL. Only the women's Lg I struggled with.

Inside out, make sure the glove side of the ring is facing in (seems counter-intuitive, but that's how it goes, I believe) install Orings and proceed to wrestle the thing back around.

Lates wrists, correct? Bell seals or Cone seals? Both work. Ads Jeff said, you'll know you have it too far forward if your seals are just a trampolene across the back of the ring. There should be SOME seal in there actually landing on your wrist...

---
Ken

Some won't go through the sleeve because the sleeve diameter is too small, as mentioned. The 'fix' then is to put them on from the outside, with the suit right side out.

Even then, the wrist seal itself will determine how tough this job is. I find if they're a real dog to get on, you can do it, but it seems to me the seals life is lessened since she's stretched to the limit and it doesn't take much wearing to cause it to fatigue to the point of failure.

Scuba_Steve:
Some won't go through the sleeve because the sleeve diameter is too small, as mentioned. The 'fix' then is to put them on from the outside, with the suit right side out.

Even then, the wrist seal itself will determine how tough this job is. I find if they're a real dog to get on, you can do it, but it seems to me the seals life is lessened since she's stretched to the limit and it doesn't take much wearing to cause it to fatigue to the point of failure.

I do not understand how you would do this. Can you please elaborate? Is it still possible to have an inner seal with this method?

vbcoachchris:
I do not understand how you would do this. Can you please elaborate? Is it still possible to have an inner seal with this method?

You can fold the seals over/under the o-rings, then stretch the whole thing around the cuffs. Visualize how the system should look when done and it should make sense.

Stated differently: put the o-rings on the inside of the seal. fold the seal around the o-ring, basically inside and back on itself. Then get a buddy and have one of you stretch the o-ring/seal combo and the other puts the glove rings inside. If done right, you get it on straight and still have a functional seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom