DC 1200 won't turn on for more than a second despite reformatting card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first things I weigh are my empty bags and use the lightest one. I know, hardly anyone carries a pony - but you probably have a more dependable buddy than I, and I am bad about following my camera. I have heard of divers wearing their BCs on planes, but I just can't see me trying that. I bet it works out for you. I guess you have read up on the Bonaire forum about cautions for visitors, never leaving anything in your pickup, etc.

I've thought about a pony bottle I like the idea.

I've read over several Bonaire truck theft posts. Tales of them taking any and everything: water bottles, old t shirts, even the car battery. Goodness what is going on down there? I'm glad that's not as big of an issue here. I can't imagine never being able to dive out of my car on my way to or from a destination in FL or before/after checking out of the hotel.

Thanks for all of your help!

Well, thievery is rampant there, including where you stay. I don't guess you'll be taking a laptop, so don't take any valuables at all - and see what you can do to secure your abode. Tourists are protected as the cash cow on Cozumel, okay to overcharge them but don't steal outright - but Bonaire is different for many reasons. I don't want to scare you, but be careful - and have a great trip. :pilot:

I take more than most I know, but cutting back to one 50# bag just seems impossible to me.

Like maybe a coffee maker and microwave?? :D

Just kidding, Don! I do like your idea about drying out the MM's in Damp Rid! I've just been throwing mine away...... What a waste!

Like maybe a coffee maker and microwave?? :D

Just kidding, Don! I do like your idea about drying out the MM's in Damp Rid! I've just been throwing mine away...... What a waste!
If you start a week with a new pack, the unused ones turn pink before the end of the week anyway, even while sealed. And Damp Rid is so cheap: 42 oz for $4 at K-mart. You're a gun owner in the more humid part of Texas so you should use some there too, and maybe with other things in the house?

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

I got a replacement camera Thursday I'm not sure if this is a camera to use until my is repaired or if it is one to swap. Anyway only the camera came not a box, batteries etc. My old battery worked in this replacement camera so it would appear it was a power issue with the camera itself not a battery.

SeaLife customer service was impressive. I am so happy to have this resolved before my trip!

forget a pony, i have a 40cf, i stage rigged as a backup. i was going to take it with me, until i found out some air lines charge extra for empty tanks (100.00 one way.) so i hung a full 80 as a stage bottle and noticed no deference between hanging a 40 or 80, so im taking my travel stage rigging and renting a 2nd 80 to use as a pony. 6 bucks a day and not having to be the first to surface ... priceless....

forget a pony, i have a 40cf, i stage rigged as a backup. i was going to take it with me, until i found out some air lines charge extra for empty tanks (100.00 one way.) so i hung a full 80 as a stage bottle and noticed no deference between hanging a 40 or 80, so im taking my travel stage rigging and renting a 2nd 80 to use as a pony. 6 bucks a day and not having to be the first to surface ... priceless....
I've read about those charges, but never told them I had a pony inside - it's not a legal ruling, and TSA is the only one to look so I make sure it meets their rules: Valve removed, altho I put on 2" electric tape (no residue like duct tape might leave) over the neck with doubled back ends so it's easy to pull up and they replace it nicely. I've watched many times.

Dragging an 80 slung at my side sounds way too much. I have wished I'd got a 30 maybe, but the 19 is enough trouble to pack, carry, swim, etc. Each to his/her own...

"Dragging an 80 slung at my side sounds way too much".
i thought the same, until i hung it. i noticed no difference between hanging a 40 cf and the 80. i like it so much the only time i sling the 40cf now is when diving dual's w a manifold and use the 40 for deco gas...

"Dragging an 80 slung at my side sounds way too much".
i thought the same, until i hung it. i noticed no difference between hanging a 40 cf and the 80. i like it so much the only time i sling the 40cf now is when diving dual's w a manifold and use the 40 for deco gas...
I guess the entrance & exit would be the toughest parts. I backroll with my 19, but you'd have to have an 80 handed to you. You don't stride with it, nor climb a ladder with it, do you?

And I know my slung 19 drags some, so I'd think an 80 even more. Don't destination Ops usually have a 65 at least, if not a 40?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom