DC 1200 Turns on Turns off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sub-Mariner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a DC 1200 Elite package for my trip to Roatan and the camera worked great on every dive but 1. It was the 2nd dive of the day and the previous dive went without incident. I'm descending with the camera and I proceed to turn on the power. The camera powers up for a second then powers down. Several attempts to activate the camera and it comes on for a second and turns off. I assume its a battery issue and i proceed with the dive.

When I check the camera on land it still exhibits the same problem. I pull the battery the problem persists. When I pull the sd card and put back in the problem clears its self.

Has this happened to anyone?

Mine responds that way when there is insufficient charge to maintain the camera without running the battery all the way down. I assume it is a safety feature to prevent reducing the battery life.

I have been diving with a DC1200 for about a year and have maybe 100 dives with it. I have never experienced what your describing. About the only functional problem I have had is with flash which sometimes gets inadvertantly turned off, causing me to lose some shots..

Hope you find the problem...

I DID have your issue, did some experimentation and discovered that with the 32G card I had the camera was not happy. Am now limiting the card size to 16G and just carry a couple around with me to be on the safe side

That's a smart tip. I suffer the same problem and I have a 32G card as well. Mine freezes a lot too. I have so much trouble with this camera :depressed: I'll try changing the card and report back

I checked the instruction manual...
32MB internal memory (29MB available for image storage)
Supports SD/SDHC memory card up to 16GB (optional)
I have had cameras over the years that could not recognize a larger card, and I was taught long ago that a larger card can slow a camera down, but causing one to power off is a new one to me.

Here is the manual if you do not have a copy downloaded to your computer. It makes it easier to :search:
http://www.sealife-cameras.com/sites/sealife/files/products/manuals/DC1200_ENG.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom