DC 1200 tray weight and strobe diffuser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got the DC1200 elite kit with srtobe and so far very pleased with the ease of use although only used auto mode at this point. I did have to zap strap a weight to the underside of the tray below the stobe to make the set up more neutral. Without the weight the set up is quite positive. A buddy of mine has the DC1000 with 2 strobes and has a weight that goes between the knob that secures the camera to the tray and the tray. Any idea what the right weight for the elite kit with 1 strobe is to keep it more or less neutral and where to get the correct weight? Also want to get the diffuser for the strobe. The elite kit did not come with it.

I got the same Kit, It is positve but doesnt really effect me. i take pics shoot video let it go it floats above me when I need I just pull it back Down. Also found have a Close Clip set-up this way if your in a tight space the camera will stay right against you.

I would be interested the Flash Diffuser also. What is the main purpose of this is it to help elimiate Back Scatter?

Hello all!
First with regards to a weight, we do have a Buoyancy weight that can be screwed right to the bottom of the flash base that will make it slightly negative. All it requires is a slightly longer screw. The weight is item #SL966 and the screw you would need is the SL96022, all of which can be purchased through your LDS.

The flash diffuser, SL9618, will both help reduce backscatter by softening up the light hitting the particles. Also available through your LDS.

Hope this helps.

Hello all!
First with regards to a weight, we do have a Buoyancy weight that can be screwed right to the bottom of the flash base that will make it slightly negative. All it requires is a slightly longer screw. The weight is item #SL966 and the screw you would need is the SL96022, all of which can be purchased through your LDS.

The flash diffuser, SL9618, will both help reduce backscatter by softening up the light hitting the particles. Also available through your LDS.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info Joe.

Back
Top Bottom