DBE Glue ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok guys, Oh... And any girls lurking in here... Just ordered the duck bill eliminator for VDH.. Looked and found a few threads on glue and what not.. They were older posts and I figure that by now ONE glue or type of silicone would have stood out as working the best.. So, (drum roll)...:rofl3:The best one is _________

Jim...

DBE Glue?

Don't know about "best one" but I've used GE Premium Waterproof Silicone II (Kitchen/Bath/Plumbing) 77027 00284 on the three DBE's (2-USD Mistral, 1-Spiro Royal Mistral) I have and it has been fine (salt water, mineral water, fresh water).

Michael

I just used the term " GLUE " as in to attach something.... :wink:

Jim..

I just use silicone seal sold for aquariums. It is intended to be submerged all the time. It works fine and it comes in a small tube.
There is very little load so it is not like you need anything with a particularly strong bond. Just make sure the can is clean.

I have installed Duckbill Eliminator (DBE) on every regulator I dive. I will never go back to duckbill.

GE Silicone II adhesive from the hardware store. A generous but not excessive bead on the flange and a dab under the side away from the mushroom valve to stabilize it to the can.

N

Last edited:
I used 3M 5200 marine sealant and adhesive.

Back
Top Bottom