Daytona out, how is WPB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokeborn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A friend tried to dive off of Daytona today, and came up right away due to 0 vis. Did anyone dive in WPB? If so, how is it there? I am going out with JASA tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to join. We have to meet at the boat at 12:30. There is usually someone in early in the morning, the number is 561-842-6356. The cost is $50 plus if you need tanks.

North of the Palm Beach inlet was just about the same. Flat seas, 60ft of vis, but a little colder at 73 on the bottom. Mild North current, lots of sharks today and a few turtles.

Life was good! Going again tomorrow... woohooo

jokeborn:
A friend tried to dive off of Daytona today, and came up right away due to 0 vis. Did anyone dive in WPB? If so, how is it there? I am going out with JASA tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to join. We have to meet at the boat at 12:30. There is usually someone in early in the morning, the number is 561-842-6356. The cost is $50 plus if you need tanks.

I was on the same boat as your friend and the guy that followed the anchor down to check vis said that he hit the bottom before he saw it.

Man I wish daytona would consistently clear up.

Looking forward to the sharks (my co-workers think I'm crazy for going in the water period, they have just about decided to commit me since I think the sharks are magnificent). Thanks for the info, hope to see a few SB's in the water tomorrow :)

jokeborn:
Looking forward to the sharks (my co-workers think I'm crazy for going in the water period, they have just about decided to commit me since I think the sharks are magnificent).

I feel ya man.... My sister records shark week for me every year and brings it over for me to watch (which I love). When she hears about the local sharks I get to see almost daily, she gets all worked up... Fear is a strange and funny creature sometimes. Educations is the key for these na-sayers :wink:

peengers:
I was on the same boat as your friend and the guy that followed the anchor down to check vis said that he hit the bottom before he saw it.

Man I wish daytona would consistently clear up.

The viz in Daytona is awesome. The viz underwater in Daytona is not :wink:

Point south, find a spot close to the gulf Stream, and jump on a boat. The dive is worth the drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom