Daylight Savings Time Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I read in the Austin American-Statesman this morning that our beloved Congress changed the Daylight Savings Time dates in August, 2005. Spring Forward is now the second Sunday in March and Fall Back is the first Sunday in November. Sooo, we Spring Forward on March 11.
Microsoft Windows may never recover!!

carlislere:
I read in the Austin American-Statesman this morning that our beloved Congress changed the Daylight Savings Time dates in August, 2005. Spring Forward is now the second Sunday in March and Fall Back is the first Sunday in November. Sooo, we Spring Forward on March 11.
Microsoft Windows may never recover!!

Never fear, Microshaft has a patch. I'm sure it will be in the Vista SP 1 in the coming months. :wink: But then they will need a patch for the patch since it won't work right the first time.

So happy about this... means my last dive of the day will not be a dusk dive as it was under standard time.

That should give us all lots of time to upgrade to the new style light bulbs. I love those little twerly-twisted things but you do know they have Murcury in them and sooner or later somebody is going to alert the EPA that light bulbs are bad for the EcoSystem and then, well... who know what will happen ?!..
God help us if somebody's kid eats one of them by mistake at McDonalds.
Really !! They look just like those Ice-Milk Cones they make :shakehead
Watch your dog 'cause they get to go to Resturants in Dallas now pretty soon too !

'We Better buy a large stock of old non toxic bulbs when they get cheep !!! :D

What Time is it !! :confused:

Man...I can make watches and clocks do all sorts of things if folks would ever figure out what time they want it to be.

We have 49 clocks in our living room and I think at least one of them is correct according to anybody in the world I might ask. :D

Standard Time / Daylight Savings Time is all a Scam so that folks have an excuse to show up late for a couple of days twice a year.

This is true.. Did you know that when we Fall Back and feel like we get an extra hour of sleep that lots of people are late for work more often then when we Spring Forward
Of couse those folks are always late anyway ........

signing off ....

What is all this nonsense (governmental) about the old incandescent light bulbs being illegal to use? I've heard bits and pieces, but never listened carefully enough to find out if this is federal or state mandated. And how about mandating we move to high definition from standard analog TV sets. Is this simply an effort by the administration to stimulate our "healthy" economy?

'You got me Bill.... So far I think it's just a Californication
coming to a town near you soon. Pretty soon though.... all over.

Light bulbs being illegal is a California thing so far, snd may not happen until 2012.

The DST thing has been a pain in my butt for the last few months, it actually has been more of a pain for me in the IT department than Y2K.

I love my job.

The great thing about the new time change is that most folks won't know about it and when ZZ TOP visits near Paris in March they will all be really late for the concert !
:rofl3:

I might just change my mind now and go to that show...:14:
Got my Cheap Sun Glasses

Timeliner:
'You got me Bill.... So far I think it's just a Californication
coming to a town near you soon. Pretty soon though.... all over.

I love that song....the Red Hot Chili Peppers ROCK!!!

:rocker:

Hemlon:
I love that song....the Red Hot Chili Peppers ROCK!!!

:rocker:

Ahhhh.. Yeeeeeeees I bet you do like that sorta stuff. :wink:
Let me see now... you were just a sweet young thang ( 'still are BTW )
back when Dave Navarro first appeared with the band at Woodstock in 1994.

times may change... some things never do :)

:confused: Wait a minute now ... Where is my Bic Lighter ?
This is a thread about Daylight savings time !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom