Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's always cool to come accross a sculpture while diving. There are a few dive sites on the island with scutlpures that can surprise the unexpecting. This sculture is a Chichi. Chichi is the Papiamentu word for ‘big sister’. She represents the eldest daughter of the family, who binds the family together in a loving and caring way. These can be found all over the island and are all painted differently.
When we were there in ‘22 there was an urchin that had placed itself quite strategically on the Chichi! Is it still there?

Erik

When we were there in ‘22 there was an urchin that had placed itself quite strategically on the Chichi! Is it still there?

Erik

Not as of 1st half of January 2024. Also, I think there are fewer saxophone bits laying around than before.

my wife and I are booked for April 9th - 16th. this will be our third trip to Curaçao in 18 months. we're staying at Sunscapes again, and doing a mix of boat and shore diving. We've booked 4 days of morning 2 tank boat dives with Ocean Encounters, and we'll do an afternoon and night dive from shore, taking advantage of the unlimited tanks on those days. We'll probably sneak in a couple sunrise dives during the week. My wife is a big fan of watching the reef wake up. We've also booked 2 dives on the Superior Producer, and a boat trip out west for watamula, blue room, mushroom forest with Scubacao. To say we're looking forward to being back would certainly be an understatement...
At this rate, we might seriously have to look into relocating...lol

Oh, that’s too bad.

Unfortunately, no, we did not get a photo. The woman I was diving with decided it should be a spiky alternative to a Brazilian wax called, appropriately, a Curaçaoan Chichi.

We recently got some backscatter filters for our Go Pro 11's - makes quite a difference. What are you all using? This is in around 12ft of water.

Filter.JPG

Yes, booked a 3-week vacation for Curaçao again, end of april-mid may. My 7th visit already. Looking forward to relaxing, visiting the family of my wife and getting some dives in. Really want to visit (again) and enter (first time) superior producer. So thinking about doing my wreck specialty while i'm there. And definitely want to get a day of diving east point again. And if conditions allow maybe a dive at the north site but i'll have to see if that will be possible... , good times ahead for sure!

We recently got some backscatter filters for our Go Pro 11's - makes quite a difference. What are you all using? This is in around 12ft of water.

View attachment 827354
I have an old go pro 4, with a backscatter flip four, I keep the mid depth red on one and a close up lens on the other. When I take it.

I have an old go pro 4, with a backscatter flip four, I keep the mid depth red on one and a close up lens on the other. When I take it.
If you have the budget consider upgrading. We have been using the 7's for years until they wore out but these 11's & 12's are next level with image quality and stability.

If you have the budget consider upgrading. We have been using the 7's for years until they wore out but these 11's & 12's are next level with image quality and stability.
I would, but I've convinced my self I prefer still photography. It offer a much greater opportunity to break the bank, and unrivaled hours of frustration. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom