Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shorts and rash guard time!
It’s all I’ve used so far, missed my 1 mil a little when I got into the stingy things but the worst hit was on my forehead so it wouldn’t have mattered.

It is possible I will down grade to a full body skin.. but I am old now so maybe not. :)

There most likely is, but at $1400 pp CDN ($1041 US) all in from my non-hub closest airport, it is a good deal. The fancier resorts are twice the price,
#1 I don’t cook nor make beds on vacation.
#2 hubby is not interested in layovers nor flights that require connections outside of Canada.
My last vacation in Feb was to Cayo Coco, Cuba. Tired rooms and mediocre food is the best you can hope for, and we still paid $1000 CDN.
Life is good! :)

What does the air connections have to do with where you stay on the island?

What does the air connections have to do with where you stay on the island?
Here in Canada our airlines create packages that may have air, hotel/food and transfers all in for one price, or may be basic flights and/or hotels.
We choose from their selections. They have exclusive deals. I need to fly to a CDN hub airport then to Curaçao. The one company that will facilitate a connection from my smaller market to the hub and then Curaçao in the off season has only a few AI options. See my earlier post about #1 and 2 requirements.
I am aware that I could purchase airfare, transfers, food, beverages, etc all separately.

Here in Canada our airlines create packages that may have air, hotel/food and transfers all in for one price, or may be basic flights and/or hotels.
We choose from their selections. They have exclusive deals. I need to fly to a CDN hub airport then to Curaçao. The one company that will facilitate a connection from my smaller market to the hub and then Curaçao in the off season has only a few AI options. See my earlier post about #1 and 2 requirements.
I am aware that I could purchase airfare, transfers, food, beverages, etc all separately.
we get stuck with this situation all the time. It's waaaay cheaper to book a complete package then to book flights and hotel stays separately. We often look at these stay and dive package combo deals, but when you add the flights and transfers, the deal becomes not so good. We price our vacations both ways, but it almost always ends up being significantly cheaper to buy the AI trip, and add on the diving. With that said, we just returned from a week at Sunscape diving with OE. We stayed there in December, and another week in May. The resort and food is OK. If you're used to something like Sandals, (as we were) you'll be a little disappointed, but it was fine. The reason we returned was Ocean Encounters, and the proximity of the shop/dock to our room. We boat dive every morning, and shore dive every afternoon. It's a 30 second walk from our room to the buffet, and 30 seconds to the dock/ dive shop. It doesn't get much easier, and the diving is super.

we get stuck with this situation all the time. It's waaaay cheaper to book a complete package then to book flights and hotel stays separately. We often look at these stay and dive package combo deals, but when you add the flights and transfers, the deal becomes not so good. We price our vacations both ways, but it almost always ends up being significantly cheaper to buy the AI trip, and add on the diving. With that said, we just returned from a week at Sunscape diving with OE. We stayed there in December, and another week in May. The resort and food is OK. If you're used to something like Sandals, (as we were) you'll be a little disappointed, but it was fine. The reason we returned was Ocean Encounters, and the proximity of the shop/dock to our room. We boat dive every morning, and shore dive every afternoon. It's a 30 second walk from our room to the buffet, and 30 seconds to the dock/ dive shop. It doesn't get much easier, and the diving is super.
Good to hear! :)
I always price it out too, but the packages are hard to beat, especially when they sometimes add the Ottawa/Montreal or Ottawa/Toronto leg for free. Even when they charge for it, it’s way cheaper than I can book it separately.
We have done Sandals and other high end resorts, but we have also visited Cuba and Roatan, so I’m sure we will be fine. I just want to roll off the boat and blow bubbles.

Good to hear! :)
I always price it out too, but the packages are hard to beat, especially when they sometimes add the Ottawa/Montreal or Ottawa/Toronto leg for free. Even when they charge for it, it’s way cheaper than I can book it separately.
We have done Sandals and other high end resorts, but we have also visited Cuba and Roatan, so I’m sure we will be fine. I just want to roll off the boat and blow bubbles.
tell George that Dave and Pam from Ontario said hello. he's very helpful....all their staff are great, really.

Just booked Sunscape and OE for mid June!
We are prepared for tired rooms and basic food. Hopefully lineups won’t be long. :)
I will pack my 3mm wetsuit, husband may opt for his shorty tho. 🏝️🌴
We are headed to Sunscape in October. We booked a Sun Club Premium Deluxe Oceanfront room. They are in the Plover building and it was renovated in 2018.

Back
Top Bottom