Day trips Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All

I didn't get back to Miami for December. Potentially its going to be January or February, although I'm supposed to be in India for February.
Whilst decompression diving is the norm' for me and most of my group. It would be unwise on the first dive in borrowed equipment. The Spiegel Grove, sounds nice, even I've heard of this dive on my neck of the woods. However, it does sound a fraction ambiguous on borrowed kit. I also feel a little naked without a camera these days.

Thank you to all those that made suggestions. The truth is that normally I'm so squeezed for time, and seldom in an ideal location that getting any diving is the exception rather than the rule.
That said, this forum did help me find a suitable dive outfit in California in the past.

Best wishes of the season to you all. Let us hope for a safe 2018 with the minimal of accidents.

Gareth

Gareth: as an FYI only........ Conch Republic Divers also rents pony bottles: if you're nervous about rented gear on the S. Grove, a bit of redundancy might be nice. They also rent 100 cf primary cylinders.

Also as an FYI, people rent full gear to do the deep wreck dives in the Keys all the time. Shops keep thier gear in decent condition

Sportxlh

My caution is mainly related to buoyancy checks with unfamiliar equipment.
Diving out of Miami will be wetsuit diving, with imperial cylinders.

My normal kit is drysuit, rebreather and stages.
Adding to this will be imperial units over metric.

If I had the opportunity to do one dive and confirm my weighting, so that I was certain I could hold a 6 and 3m stop without issue, I would be more than happy.

The advantage of this forum, is that the recommendations for dive facilities are normally excellent. So, the professionalism, and condition of equipment from the facilities that are recommended here worth there weight in gold. Hence the reason I asked here for recommendations.

Cheers

Gareth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom