Day room or pool access after LOB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received the following email from Crossroads:

Regarding your inquiry below, please kindly note that the MVR 660 is only return transfer, if you wish to use pool & beach (Café del Mar) the charges will be $25 ++(Credit) per person.

Cafe del Mar Maldives will feature a 100-seat premium casual restaurant, as well as outdoor dining. A 800sqm swimming pool with swim-up pool bar, and views from pool to ocean across to a private access beach, are the star of the beach club!

Cafe del Mar Maldives club would be the iconic set up here at CROSSROADS Maldives that would provide an all-time merry-making ambiance for your supreme relax in here coupled with an elegant dining experience and access to various fun activities. This illustrious beach club by Ibiza would come with a spacious indoor and outdoor space with stunning design works on each part of the building. There would be more than 300 daybeds spread along the poolside adjacent to the beach and 400 seats as well. Three private beach cabanas would be presented together with a beautiful swim-up bar.

The availability of wide selection foods and drinks would be another characteristic of the Café del Mar. The club has a premium casual restaurant that would house 150 guests at a time and presents a lavish menu for meals prepared by expert chefs using varied cuisines.

SAii-Lagoon-Maldives-Cafe-del-mer.jpg

I asked why the USD$25 pool & beach (Café del Mar) charges are called Credit.

They replied:
These are exciting times for us, as we are still in the soft opening stage, hence we have an amazing offer for each of our guest: 25$pp Vouchers – available to purchase at the Café del Mar Reception desk.
Vouchers are fully consumable on food and beverages at our Sunset Bar and Gelato Bar and also provide access to the Swimming Pool.
Free access for guests below 12 years old.

Our menu contains an inspiring selection of beverages, including wine, beer, cocktails, homemade fresh mocktails, Coastal Mediterranean bar food and specially formulated gelato flavours.

Opening hours: 12:00 noon to 9:00 PM during weekends
12:00 noon to 7:00 PM during weekdays.

Google Play or iphone has a "Crossroads Maldives" app which you may book ferry tickets in advance.

Partial food and drinks menus:
20191112_c47fb3d001be99873586VciDAdAjYhGk.jpg

20191112_54878f463f63eee8a2bfYqE9c8qHCzoJ.jpg

The Marina @ Crossroads Maldives | How to Get There?

Did you look at her next 1 or 2 videos about the place? Not for me. Looks like a duty free mall with a could be anywhere Hard Rock Cafe. I know the weather was bad so she didn't show the pool area but even so, this place is not for me.

As you said she didn't show the pool and beach. I didn't look at her next 1 or 2 videos.
It is a super big complex with shopping malls, resorts, beaches and pools.
But the USD$44 ferry tickets won't get you to the beach and pool.
You need to pay extra USD$25 (a special promo now) for beach and pool.
Some people don't pay extra so won't get to the pool and beach club.

Update info from the Marina:

Saii Lagoon Maldives. We have three different packages: 60$ ++ pp for an alcohol drinks package from 12 pm to 6 pm, 60$ ++ for a 3 course lunch package or 90$ ++ for a drinks and main dish / dessert package. To reach us please take our marina visitor ferry from Male for 22 $ return ticket. We are 15 minutes away from Male.

Thanks! I did have a look at this, and to be honest it confuses me - what exactly is included in the return price/entrance fee? Where can we store our (extensive) luggage? Is there a pool we can lay by and relax? Is alcohol served by beach/pool?
We're not looking for shopping or activities (though good snorkeling would be nice), just a place to chillax and freshen before our flight:)
I've emailed the (whatever?) Hilton there, to ask, if they do day passes, so let's see, what they offer.

CROSSROADS Maldives has started offering day trips. This is a better option compared to the other resort day trips as there is transfer every 30 minutes unlike other resorts, where the transfer is subject to guest arrival and departure and can be confirmed 1 day in advance. The price of this day trip is USD 150.00 per person and it includes:
  • Return speedboat transfers to / from Male’
  • Complimentary lunch or dinner at participating restaurants ( Kin Kao, Kebab & Kurry, HardRock Cafe, Café del Mar, Nihonbashi Blue)
  • 4 hours free flow beverages at Café del Mar with pool access, locker & shower
  • 1 hour FREE snorkeling gear
You can book Crossroads Maldives day trips through Budget Maldives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom