DAY 3 with OCEAN DIVERS,,,,,,,,,,,,a few PICS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
light rain showers/clouds leaving the dock gave way to abundant sunshine, light winds and flat seas upon reaching our first drop. dive # 1: THE BENWOOD WRECK(buoy BW2, forward starboard mooring ball), surprisingly blue water, viz 60FT, zero current, water temp 82F @ 25-44FT. the wreck was terrific, glass minnows and the usual suspects! # 2: NORTH NORTH DRY ROCKS(buoy N2), clean green viz 40FT, zero current, 83F @ 15-25FT. once again super site with amazing structure, gargonians, colorful sponges and numerous tropicals(under appreciated reef tract in my view!). also a quick snorkel to document elkhorn coral @ nearby horseshoe reef. just a great day on the water in the upper keys!! pics once again provided by SF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• Frink_KeyLargo_259.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_259.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Frink_KeyLargo_271.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_271.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Frink_KeyLargo_309-Edit.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_309-Edit.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 70
thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.........i see water conditions has been great this week in the keys...enjoy.

thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.........i see water conditions has been great this week in the keys...enjoy.

thanks a lot. they continued today as well, seas <1ft, viz 60-80FT. pics late this evening,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Could you still notice the thermocline at the bow? We are heading down the weekend after next, and was debating about leaving the shorties behind and just wearing swim suits and rash guards.

Great report and pics as always.

mike

Could you still notice the thermocline at the bow? We are heading down the weekend after next, and was debating about leaving the shorties behind and just wearing swim suits and rash guards.

Great report and pics as always.

mike

no thermocline anywhere on the bendwood yesterday. today a constant 83F on the deep reef and 84F in the shallows. I'm comfortable in a full 3M suit with a 3/5M hooded vest although many divers in this group are wearing only 1MM suits, shorty's, skins and one with just a swimsuit /tee shirt. thanks on the kudos, another report later this evening,,,,

reefman
key largo

Thanks for the reply, I would probably melt with the hood and vest even in the winter. I think I will go with the 1 mm hybrid rash guard and 1 mm shorts, plus it frees up some weight so I can bring two sets of fins. I have the Hollis f2's that I used last month, but struggled a bit with the heavy surge on Snappers and the Benwood. We were out in steady 3-5 foot rollers, so it was a bit rough. Before, I was using the Mares volo power fins, I like the size of the Hollis but if the conditions are sporty, the mares might work a little better.
We dive a lot in KL, but the east winds seem to follow us for almost every trip. It would be nice to catch the conditions you have had the last week.

thanks,

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom