Jupiter Dive Center / Labor Day 2021 Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the different areas of SEFL pretty different dive-wise? I'd love to go back to the area again soon, for sure.

I've been diving the area year round since 2009. I have 900 dives in Boynton Beach, 120 of those on the Castor, 200 dives in Jupiter, and 60 dives in West Palm. The three locations are quite complimentary. I will be adding to those numbers next week :)

See some of my trip reports in this forum:
Trip Report - Back in SE FL 2021 part 4
Trip Report - Back in SE Florida, part 3, You can't always get what you want...
Trip Report - Finally, back in SE Florida, part 2
Trip Report - Finally, back in SE Florida
Trip Report - Back in the high life, part 3
Trip Report - Back in the high life, part 2
Trip Report - Back in the high life again
Many other excellent reports by @JimBlay @Trailboss123 @CosbySweater @DavidFL @Johnoly ...

Right on. Before this trip I would have said wrecks are my jam. I still would, but really dug the craggy reefs in Jupiter.

Next trip will be epic!

If wrecks are your jam them you'll enjoy diving out of West Palm. A couple good wreck sites to keep in mind for next time are: The Corridor, Governor's River Walk, The Danny/Atlantis, and the Princess Anne.

If wrecks are your jam them you'll enjoy diving out of West Palm. A couple good wreck sites to keep in mind for next time are: The Corridor, Governor's River Walk, The Danny/Atlantis, and the Princess Anne.

When the conditions are right the Princess Anne rocks!! I've been circled by multiple large bull sharks for the entire duration of a dive. It's a huge wreck with much to explore. Awesome dive!

If you love wrecks, try and schedule time to hit a few of these in Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale as well: Lady Luck, Captain Dan, Ancient Mariner, Hog Heaven, and Sea Emperor. I'm more of a "critter" diver these days after spending a decade diving the essentially lifeless wrecks of the Great Lakes, BUT, these wrecks offer both nice structure to explore for the wreck divers and lots of life for the critter divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom