DAY 2 with OCEAN DIVERS, SNAPPER LEDGE/MOLASSES REEF, a few pics,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
fabulous conditions offshore the upper keys this morning; sunny skies, light winds, calm seas, clear water from the shoreline out beyond the reef tract. 1st dive: SNAPPER LEDGE, outstanding blue water(as good as I've ever observed @ this site), viz 80+, minimal NE current, water temp 83 @ 20-38FT. dive # 2: PERMIT LEDGE/FIRE CORAL CAVE(buoy M1), again vibrant blue viz 80-100FT, mdt NE current, 83F @ 25-32FT. fishy day! pics provided by SF,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• Frink_KeyLargo_174.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_174.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 94
  • snapper1.jpg
    snapper1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 202
  • snapper1 (2).jpg
    snapper1 (2).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 96
  • snapper3.jpg
    snapper3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 108
  • mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 99
  • mo2.jpg
    mo2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 98
Snappers looks more fishy than usual, I never see fish on the big brain coral

excellent..thanks for sharing.

Snappers looks more fishy than usual, I never see fish on the big brain coral

I agree it was exceptionally fishy. minimal current is the best as the schools tend to disperse and hunker down when it's moderate or higher. it also
helps to have a group of skilled divers/photographers that understand how to minimize any interference with the large grunt/snapper/goatfish aggregations. just returned from the benwood and north/north, super there as well, pics later tonite,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

---------- Post added June 10th, 2014 at 02:20 PM ----------

excellent..thanks for sharing.

thanxs, myself and SF appreciate the kind words!

reefman
key largo

---------- Post added June 10th, 2014 at 02:21 PM ----------

very nice!!!

ditto!!!

So glad to hear you guys are having such great dives - I'm so happy to hear it's 83F :D Praying the good weather continues next week...

Love the pictures - please tell SF they have earned him a free pass to a great gumbo dinner!!!

So glad to hear you guys are having such great dives - I'm so happy to hear it's 83F :D Praying the good weather continues next week...

Love the pictures - please tell SF they have earned him a free pass to a great gumbo dinner!!!

i'll do that! pics from today later tonite. marine WX looks great thru the forecast period(Monday),,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Coral appears layed over in #1

Great pics as usual!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom