Dauphin Island Spearfishing Rodeo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

back40

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know if they still put this event on and when is it?
I have moved away from Alabama and the last time I participated was in 1998. I would like to make a trip back and was wondering if it is still going on. Any help would be appreciated.
back40

They still hold it, I hear about it every so often, but I can't recall a date. If its anytime soon, it'll probably be bumped back due to hurricane recovery efforts.

back40:
Does anyone know if they still put this event on and when is it?
I have moved away from Alabama and the last time I participated was in 1998. I would like to make a trip back and was wondering if it is still going on. Any help would be appreciated.
back40
On another board the following is posted: "Please be advised that the 11th Annual Orange Beach Spearfishing Tournament scheduled for September 17-18 has been postponed until October 15-16, 2004 due to Hurricane Ivan. The Safety Meeting will be On October 13 at the Blue Gill Restaurant in Mobile at 6:30 p.m.

Anyone interested and need a boat please contact Capt. George of the
SCUBY-DO at dixiemarine@c... dixiemarine@cableone.net or 228-392-8753

I know that George Burton runs a 24 foot, 6-pack dive boat out of Pascagoula. I have gone with him 3 or 4 times at it has always been a really good time. He is extraordinarly easy to get along with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom