Dauin in April/May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one been to Dauin in late April to mid May?? I hear its spring time and critters are out, but low season starts in June and Im wondering if I might get any bad weather if I visit around that time.

HI Gavin,

I was leaving this for someone else as I'm no longer resident there...but in their absence, I'd say don't worry about it. April/May all over the country is a good time for flat seas, lots of sun and good vizibility.

Of course don't come crying to me if it rains or there is a storm. Anything is possible!

:)

Alright, alright. Some of us have had students to be teaching Matt :wink:

As already stated weather is certainly on the turn for the best that time of year. The critters are out regardless of the weather all year round there is plenty to see. Now it is 'winter' the flamboyant cuttlefish and blue ring octopus seem to be out in force. Funny, as it seemed to be the same in summer :wink:

If you need any info on this area then just drop me a PM.
Cheers,
Jim

We caught great weather there last year and the year before in Puerto Galera late April early May. Your greatest enemy that time of year is Holy Week. Prices double and triple and traffic at the resorts gets heavier. This year it is the last week of March but I think next year it is mid to late April.

Alright, alright. Some of us have had students to be teaching Matt :wink:
Yeah yeah, enjoy your Open waters mate! I'm in the middle of teaching a trimix class at the same time as doing tech dives with a couple of guys on sidemount...oh and I have a CCR try dive to teach tomorrow as well. ;-)

Thanks for the info gents. Sounds promising I was just worried that as June onward is labelled low season whether May would be hit and miss. I understand the complexities of seasonal weather but it helps with the planning process.

Yeah yeah, enjoy your Open waters mate! I'm in the middle of teaching a trimix class at the same time as doing tech dives with a couple of guys on sidemount...oh and I have a CCR try dive to teach tomorrow as well. ;-)

Alright smart guy....there is no question my diving has a few years of catching up to do. CCR try dive....pfffff really, that's just a fancy DSD to some of us :wink: I'll have to catch up with you to try and 'hopefully' make some plans for January!

That's the time of year I usually try to go. That is pre Typhoon season but not to say weather can't blow in but with such small land masses it usually blows thru quickly.

Back
Top Bottom