Datamask temperature inaccurate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have had my datamask for about 18 months now. I have noticed that the temperature recorded appears to be off by about 10 degrees. Last week, in water that I knew was near 70 (my other computer recorded 69 to 70 degrees) my datamask shows 59 degrees.

Is there any way to calibrate the thermometer on the datamask?

My DataMask and VT Pro don't match either, but it isnt but 3-5 deg. I use my VT Pro for a backup.

The spec tolerance for temperature is +/- 3 degrees (F). So, in paulw's case - 2 units off 3-5 degrees is acceptable - 10 degrees, depending on the accuracy of what your checking it against would not be. Unfortunately, it would require that the mask come back to us for recalibration. Give our service department call at 800-435-3483, xt. 761 for an RA number.

I had the same problem with mine. Sent it back to them and they did a great job recalibrating it. It has been working great for 150 dives since. My only issue with the mask is the black powder coating on the trim plate around the display is flaking off. I heard they have a fix for this, I just haven't had time to deal with it.

thanks Doug and David at Oceanic you guys have the best customer service.

One of my computers recorded a minimum temp of 81 F when my other (correctly) said 59 F. It just needed a new battery. Could this be the problem with your Datamask?

well, that could be - the battery was going dead on the last dive when I noticed the big difference of 10 degrees - it has always been off some - I just noticed on this dive that there was no way the water was that cold. Perhaps a battery change is in order.

My ProPlus2 thermometer has never been very accurate either.

The Pro Plus 2 thermometer is somewhat of a joke. It is accurate, but it takes (on mine anyway) 13 1/2 minutes to register the correct temp. Sweet, huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom