Dangerous Darwin award nominees or fearless Inovators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

would they be better off not knowing of any known of, previous problems that could arise from their experiments?
... they are kids, yanno .. maybe talking to them would be a good idea, giving them any knowledge you have on the subject, even if you don't mind them exploring and thinking outside the box
(of course I would have been one of these kids if I had thought of it too)

I wouldn't praise them up too much. Those kids aren't that smart. My son graduated Princeton at the age of ten, and was a practicing physician at the age of fourteen. Everything is relative. :no

David Howser.
You can brag when Doogie completes full cave and hypoxic trimix.

Anyone know if you can still O2 clean a weed sprayer after its had Roundup in it ?
I am betting that residual round up fumes in fact prevent the bends (at least in 10' of water).

After watching the video and reading the comments, I couldn't help but think, "I hope that these people all try this before the upcoming elections...."

BRAVO!! I thought kid exploration was D E A D! So, glad to see that remnants still exist. Maybe other kids will catch hold and do their thing too.

More like this and there wouldn't be any need to reprint the old Boy Scout Handbook under another title, eh?

Oh, and for the Play Nanny's in the crowd: Danger is relative. Likely the most dangerous thing most kids do is ride in their parent's vehicle. Until they get a bit older and then it is driving their own or riding with another kid>

I think it is great. They are using their brains, good for them!

I'll give 'em credit, their homemade scuba gear sure works better than the parachute that I made and jumped with from the 2nd story deck on our house.:no

I'll give 'em credit, their homemade scuba gear sure works better than the parachute that I made and jumped with from the 2nd story deck on our house.:no

HEHE made me chuckle. I also learned at a young age that patio umberallas are not efficient parachutes, the barn roof is not a proper base jumping platform, and the ground is very, very hard.

But Kudos to the kids, excellent ideas, encasing the can in concrete to offset the bouyancy, the homemade 'weight belt'. Yes there is a risk of AGE even in 10' of water, but I still think its much safer than the stupid stuff I did as a kid. (Yes, lets jump of a 20' cliff into a swirling pool of rapids laced with rocks lol)

I wouldn't praise them up too much. Those kids aren't that smart. My son graduated Princeton at the age of ten, and was a practicing physician at the age of fourteen. Everything is relative. :no

David Howser.

I'm just trying to picture going to visit a 14-year old physician :)

I don't see why everyone thinks these kids don't understand about pressure and AGE and such...

Keep in mind that this is very dangerous, and should not be attempted by anyone without proper scuba training (like us). I am not responsible in any way for any injuries you may sustain emulating something in this video. To put it simply, do not try this at home. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sounds to me like they are saying they have training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom