"Danger is My Business"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you John C. Ratliff, I must keep a better eye on this thread. The information you posted is very interesting and backs up John D. Craig's statements in his book re: his early use of HeO2 and his contributions to diving dress.

AfterDark, I too am wondering why the diving community hasn't given this man his due in diving history……hopefully that will change.

Couv

Cathy is the younger 1 and lives in Texas. Sharon the older daughter lives in or near Phoenix, AZ.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jctopgun
My last letter from Millie was when John passed away anouncing his interment at
Rose Hills. I live 300 miles north therefore did not attend. At that time they moved from Arcadia, to OC to ?? and resided on Cortez Court.

I must assume due to her now current age that Millie has also joined John. Could you, for my records and so I can also inform others of my generation who enjoyed their company and Millie's "Beans" of when and where she passed away?

I would like to reman in contact with the "girls" who are now probably grand mothers, for future reference and possibly future articles I might write (I have had 4 dedicated magazine columns and one news paper column related to diving.

If you feel confortable in providing this information please send it via private message (PM) on this board.

Cheers from CenCal,
sdm

Hello,

I am probably the only person on this forum who cannot swim.

DANGER IS MY BUSINESS was about different dangerous occupations, a few of which involved water such as 'Shark Doctor'. However, I think you amphibious folk may be getting this series confused with KINGDOM OF THE SEA, that was more or less the same format but about sea related occupations only. 'Kingdom Of The Sea' was presented by the Colonel and his side-kick Bob, with whom he'd share informative snippets of knowledge.

DANGER IS MY BUSINESS EPISODES
The Matador
Lion Trainer
Speedboat Jockey
King Of The Throtttle Pushers
Whale Trainer
Alligator Wrestler
Paratrooper
Shark Doctor
Barnstorming Pilot
Mr. Boom
Flying Minutemen
Snake farmer
Leader Of The Thunderbirds
Smoke Eaters
Tokyo Steelman
Seagoing Zoologist
Vietnam Tiger Hunter
The Flying St. Bernard

KINGDOM OF THE SEA EPISODES
Camera On The Ocean Floor
Iron Men In Wooden Ships
Man Beneath The Sea
Tuna Clipper
Freak Fish Of The Deep
Sea Sports
Whale Hunt
Men, Spears And Sea
Playground Of The Sea
Birth Of A Superliner
Journey To The Galapagos
Across The Seven Seas
Beachcomber
Pearl Divers
Vikings
Voice Beneath The Sea
Sea Birds And Sea Elephants
Shark

Hello Sinkin Fast,

Welcome to Scuba Board!

Thank you for your post. I must admit I've never seen an episode of KINGDOM OF THE SEA, but it sounds intriguing, I'll have to attempt to track down method of watching them. If you have any leads, please let us know here.

For a bit of info on a few undersea episodes of "Danger..." see my post here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4574364-post31.html

Cheers,

Couv

As I posted some time ago I only recalled "Kingdom of the sea" which was aired on an LA station, possibly channel 13 in the 1950s. The episodes I recall, perhaps due to a personal relationship, was the ones which Zale Parry appeared.

I personally can not recall "Danger is my business." But then again I am not a big TV fan.

sdm

Hello,

I'm no diver, in fact I'm terrified of water. I came across this thread by accident via an online search engine. I thought the episode lists may be of help to someone here.

I am a collector of vintage film; that's film prints not DVDs. 8mm and 16mm formats. One of the topics I collect is underwater footage some of which includes diving action.

I have some of the 'Danger Is My Business' episodes and also a few 'Kingdom Of The Sea' episodes. They are as rare as hen's teeth, and quite expensive when they do come up for sale. They do not even appear on eBay.

I have never come across most of the episodes listed above or know anyone who owns copies; I don't think they were produced in large print runs. If only a few were made of each episode back then, a tiny percentage have probably survived until today. Once folk moved to video, a lot of film collections were just junked.

Hello Sinkin Fast,

Thank you for your input. I have returned your PM with basically the same information that follows, but for the others reading this thread (and a shameless bump) I will repeat here:

Kingdom of the Sea must have aired at a time I was too young to remember or not yet born. I only faintly remember Danger but the name rang a bell which is why I started the thread.

Here are a few other things I hope you will consider. There is a History of Diving Museum that may be interested in your film. They have a presence on Scuba Board and can be contacted by PM to: Debra@DivingMuseum or email: Debra@DivingMuseum.org / www.DivingMuseum.org
Also, if you have not done so already, see the post in this thread by a relative of John D. Craig, "Jctopgun"

Good luck, I look forward to more of your post,

Couv

"Danger is My Business" Was both a TV show my Uncle Jack/John had and was the title to his book be published in late 1930's about diving and his trip/adventures around the world.

Jctopgun
I repeat a previous post...
Can you up date me via PM?

Millies Beans are a treasured dish with the older LA Co tribe.

sdm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jctopgun
My last letter from Millie was when John passed away anouncing his interment at
Rose Hills. I live 300 miles north therefore did not attend. At that time they moved from Arcadia, to OC to ?? and resided on Cortez Court.

I must assume due to her now current age that Millie has also joined John. Could you, for my records and so I can also inform others of my generation who enjoyed their company and Millie's "Beans" of when and where she passed away?

I would like to reman in contact with the "girls" who are now probably grand mothers, for future reference and possibly future articles I might write (I have had 4 dedicated magazine columns and one news paper column related to diving.

If you feel confortable in providing this information please send it via private message (PM) on this board.

Cheers from CenCal,
sdm

Oops, I messed up this posting.

Please see the attached in next posting.

Please would someone delete this one as I do not know how.

Kindest regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom