Dances with Seals ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bdedmunds@sbcglobal.net

Download the harbor seals video.

This video was shot about 4 years ago off Carmel, CA. It's a mpg4 file that's about 6.2MB. Sorry it's not streaming.

Anyway, I almost didn't take the camera since the viz was so bad, but I'm glad I did! :wink:

bedmund:
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bdedmunds@sbcglobal.net

Download the harbor seals video.

This video was shot about 4 years ago off Carmel, CA. It's a mpg4 file that's about 6.2MB. Sorry it's not streaming.

Anyway, I almost didn't take the camera since the viz was so bad, but I'm glad I did! :wink:
That was a great video... it made me laugh. My favorite part was the two seals giving each other a high-five.

Jerry

I think I'm becoming more relaxed with those Alki seals around. I went diving a week ago tonight when on the way back a 4 foot one decided to say hello. It was just cruising along, not darting past really fast like the ohters do. So I relized what it was and knew it wanted to feed by light so I took the light off it and put it on the floor about a little infront of where I was thinking it was going to go. Then we both spotted a little red fish where the seal hovered over it for a second then like a vacume cleaner in one "hit" took that fish and a snack. All quite intresting.

It then found another fish but missed on the hit.

So as I was watching it, the seal surfaced to breath and for about a minute it was vertical in the water like it was standing with its head strait uP getting in the air. It was quite a view.

geraldp:
That was a great video... it made me laugh. My favorite part was the two seals giving each other a high-five.

Jerry

Yeah, I know which part you're talking about. The one that kept coming toward the camera acted like a puppy and really liked the getting "skritched" as my two year old likes to say. :water:

Back
Top Bottom