DAN Insurance Poll

Are you a DAN Member?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went with the master plan. Not too much mure money for lots of extras. If I every get the opportunity to dive more will probably move up to preferred then.

Roadracer,

I don't see a huge difference in the Master plan ver the Peferred. Seems like the Preferred just gives you non-dive related accidents, vacation cancellation and interruption insurance.

I have the preferred. It's well worth it to know I have the coverage if I ever need it--but hopefully never will.

Steve

preferred. It's only a few bucks a year. worth it if you ever need it. like someone else said, it's like car insurance. you just never know when you'll need it, but you should still pay for it.

wkowalski:
Roadracer,

I don't see a huge difference in the Master plan ver the Peferred. Seems like the Preferred just gives you non-dive related accidents, vacation cancellation and interruption insurance.
There is a pretty big difference actually. The master gives you $125 K Lifetime Max...so if you have a couple of accidents requiring airlift and deco champer-you're done. The preferred is $250 K per occurance. I've heard that once you have an accident you cannot upgrade your plan (hearsay though). If you have accident that requires any kind of aftercare/physical therapy, the master plan wouldn't keep you covered for very long.

Preferred gives you far more versatility if you travel outside the U.S..

Or wherever your "home country" is.

Different regions offer different policies too. We don't get 'preferred' with DAN Europe. We get a 'super' instead, and DAN Europe offer professional liability insurance too.

Back
Top Bottom