DAN 02 Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SM Diver

Reaction score
I want to swith to the DAN extended oxygen kit, in the pelican case, but DAN wants $595, which seems a little high. Has anyone ever seen these DAN kits come on the market used, or otherwise have any thoughts on assembling my own kit in a waterproof case. I keep oxygen on my boat now, but the cylinder needs to be replaced.

Any other companies out there selling these kits for marine use?

Thanks.

Scott

On two of the sport fishing boats that I use to work on we had two of those kits...

I think we got them from a medical/surgical supply store cheaper than that ....... The owner of the boat even used one once .... during a mild heart attack.....very good thing to have onboard.

I put an O2 kit together for less than $100 from parts on eBay.

Roak

ask the local rescue squad most all of them have some equipment that they would be more than happy to help you i am sure

There were a bunch of O2 regulators made with internal aluminum parts that were recalled... buying one of those could be a very bad idea, as the recall was apparently due to risk of internal fires.

Check the model numbers CAREFULLY and do your research if you go this way; DAN's O2 kits are expensive, but they're very nice (I have one on my boat) and this is one of those places where I don't believe you should skimp.

most the O2 regs that wear recalled can be updated with a simple o ring change but the question still is you need to check them allotof the ones on ebay and make sure also like i said before the local rescue squad allot would be more than helpfull to help you out . at least in my area as when we upgraded our O2 regulators we gave our old one to local dive clubs and they wear still good so solved two promblems lack of storage space and improved relations with dive shops .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom