Damages after Frances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scbababe

Reaction score
I would like to add this thread as an information digest to anyone who's had damages from Frances and what to do after the storm?

I have a friend who's had some roof damage due to Frances and I would like to get her some information on what steps to take and who to call. I have doubts her insurance Co. will cover evrything she needs. (Please refrain from any offensive comments regarding the un-insured)
If anyone has any info where my friend can call or what steps to take please feel free to post! :wink:

Definately get in touch with the state disaster relief www.myflorida.com has the link and FEMA (the state will more than likely act as liaison) and the Red Cross when you can.

My sister had some flooding difficulties in NC a few years ago and FEMA was very helpful with the whole process, they seem to truely understand all factors involved including the stress an event like this can cause a family.

If anyone knows of any facilities in need of commercial diving services I would appreciate your providing my contact information.

Hurricane deductibles are 2% of your home's value, so depending on how minor the damage is, there most likely will be no insurance payout. We also suffered minor roof damage and are in that situation. If you file a claim with FEMA they will determine if and how much aid you may be eligible for.

Touch base w/FEMA - my wifes mom lives in a rat trap that she rented and since it was condemned, she's been living in a FEMA tent. Then FEMA gave her $6900 for just hanging around!

NOTE: IF you purchase any materials for a temporary repair, keep the reciepts, it counts towards your deductable because you had to take preventative measures to ensure further breach of the home and attempt to prevent further damage.

Wow, thanks for the great feed back! I've placed a call to my pal and have read to her all of your posts, she still doesn't have access to a phone or for that matter internet...
You guys are great!!!

Welcome... I'm sorta sittin here watching things blow around still. I'm lacking motivation to go outside and do much at the moment. Or inside for that matter.

CBulla:
Welcome... I'm sorta sittin here watching things blow around still. I'm lacking motivation to go outside and do much at the moment. Or inside for that matter.

Bulla did you get hit again?

Nothing direct.. just lots of wind and rain. I went down to the beach this afternoon and saw that it was missing 100-125' of sand... of a 150' wide beach in most areas.

My house... mostly sweeping out pounds of leaves and cutting up a branch or two from some trees that have lost more branches here.

Im up in Tallahasse. I had no power from 5pm on Sunday till Monday afternoon, and worse yet, no internet till this morning, for 48 hours! No damage though, it just rained a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom