Dallas Guys, Lake Travis scuba.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Alan and I were talking on Sunday about LTS, and the fact that neither of us have been despite raving reviews. So I figured I would start a thread to see who might be interested in making the trek down to Austin one Sunday, to make a trip. I am looking at possible going in mid Sept, but really any Sunday would work for me. One question for Robert though, can you accommodate doubles? I'm making the switch right now and should be fully switched over by then, but can grab some stuff from the shop to go back to singles if its an issue.

Ryan.... thanks for posting.....I am up for the trek on most Sundays. I will not speak for Robert, but I asked the question myself about the doubles to him earlier in the summer and he said 'no problem'. I know a few divers that have used his service and dove doubles.

FYI-- I did sign up for this Sat. 8/30 to dive with him., look forward to meeting Robert and enjoying a day trek to Travis

:)

No problems with stowing doubles in the racks.

For your planning, Saturday September 6 has limited spaces and Sunday September 7 is the Lake Travis Cleanup which I am participating in during the morning, but the afternoon is available. The cleanup will be done by noon. I don't think this will affect visibility, unless the cleanup divers kick up silt from the bottom while cleaning. Just something to consider.

Ryan.... thanks for posting.....I am up for the trek on most Sundays. I will not speak for Robert, but I asked the question myself about the doubles to him earlier in the summer and he said 'no problem'. I know a few divers that have used his service and dove doubles.

FYI-- I did sign up for this Sat. 8/30 to dive with him., look forward to meeting Robert and enjoying a day trek to Travis

:)

I have a bachelor party on Friday, so I am afraid sat. I would be a no go for diving.

No problems with stowing doubles in the racks.

For your planning, Saturday September 6 has limited spaces and Sunday September 7 is the Lake Travis Cleanup which I am participating in during the morning, but the afternoon is available. The cleanup will be done by noon. I don't think this will affect visibility, unless the cleanup divers kick up silt from the bottom while cleaning. Just something to consider.

Thanks for the info. I am leaning more towards the weekend after that. Might see if I can get some guys from work interested in going also.

I am interested. I just think that the month of Sept is a bad month for me for a number o' different reasons. I guess what I am saying, is you guys take off and make your plans. I will just have to make it down there some other time. Now that I think about this, what was my point in making this point? :confused:

Hmm, I am going to bed. Nite y'all !

I am interested. I just think that the month of Sept is a bad month for me for a number o' different reasons. I guess what I am saying, is you guys take off and make your plans. I will just have to make it down there some other time. Now that I think about this, what was my point in making this point? :confused:

Hmm, I am going to bed. Nite y'all !

Well when is a good time?

I would be very happy to join in on that trip. However the best times for me would be the 20th or the following weekend. I will know more about my schedule when those dates get closer.

Ryan,

Don't worry about filling the boat. I'm sure some of the locals will be willing to join in.
I've dove with Robert a few times and agree with Mack. Just plan your time, drag with ya those who wanna go, and be sure you have the total seats needed reserved with LTS. Locals will happily fill the remaining seats and enjoy the time with ya when ya get here.

Once you get your date set you might change the thread title to reflect the day so we all know your gonna be here. That way, we can kinda welcome ya's a little :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom